Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for scooter

• 23-01-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

I will soon be of age to get a scooter.
    How much is insurance, iam near 16.
    How to go about putting it on my fathers?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you wont be able to put it on the fathers like you can a car. best bet is to ring axa for a quote and ring aon.

i assume you're a boy, so start saving now, it'll probably be way more than you want ot pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

iam near 16.

Don't get your hopes up mate....

I'd say you'll be quoted at least €2k....

Post back what you do get quoted tho an best of luck with those scratch cards... ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Strange that in your profile you are 20 years of age ... time machine anyone? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Slaanesh wrote:
    Strange that in your profile you are 20 years of age ... time machine anyone? :)

Me thinks he is trying to fool the ladies, but he got stung :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Me thinks he is trying to fool the ladies, but he got stung :p

Methinks that's very feckin irrelevant!

Anyway, @OP
    It shouldnt be 2 grand, 2 grand plus is what you'll pay for startin out on a 125 motorbike. example: 2404 was quoted for a 19 year old male first time out no NCB, no experience. Bike is a Suzuki intruder.
    As for scooters: I know one lad who's 17 that paid 1044.47 for insurance on a SR50.
    My sister's insurance on a honda 50 is less than 700 and she's 16, but i suppost it is a honda 50 and she's a girl.

If your dad had bike insurance they might do it (put you on his) but the scooter would most likely need to be registered in his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Im bringing a scooter back from Australia (50 cc) I paid 100 euro for road tax and insurance in Australia, how much am I likely to pay here?
    I am 37 and also have 3 other vehicles im bringing back to insure.

Advertisement