Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor V800 problem

• 23-01-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Anyway got a v800 yesterday.Its unlocked but it wont work on Meteor.When I say it wont work I mean I cant make calls.But I can send/rec msgs and rec calls.But after a while an x and a phone icon appears on the top screen.And its useless.

Anyway the first thing I thought was that its barred but Its not.See I have a vodafone sim and a 02 one they work perfect and can send/rec calls/msgs.And when I put in my Vodafone sim it finds the 3g network and to make sure my friend video called me and it worked aswell.My vodafone sim has been in it since last night and normally if the phone was barred it wouldnt work hours later but its still working and popped in the 02 one aswell and it still works.

I have switched to gsm only when I had the Meteor sim in it and searched for new network and selected Meteor but I still cant make calls.

I havent rang Meteor yet as Im waiting to see if it will fix it self.My Meteor sim works perfect in my Nokia 6630 and w800i.Or is it A vodafone fault?Even though it doesnt matter it does have the vodafone firmware which may have something to do with it but I doubt it.Also I want to get rid of the vodafone firmware aswell.

So any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not all Meteor or O2 sims work with 3G phones. It's an unfortunate fact. I know that they work with most Nokia 3G but not with most Sharp phones, and some of the 3G Sony's. The W800i is not a 3G phone.

You can tell Meteor but they will need the exact firmware and CDA number of the phone to test their sims on it, and that could take a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I know its not a 3g phone I was just saying that it works in that so its not a general sim fault.
    So maybe it can be fixed if I ring Meteor.I am defintly looking to get the vodafone firmware for obvious reasons.So maybe ill ring them after that as that could resolve the issue,

Cheers for that,any other suggestions?

When you mean a while am I talking months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Barrie
    Is this an ex VF UK phone?
    I think VF in the UK and Meteor share the same barred handset lists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Conor S

I did the exact same thing with my v800 and its worked fine for the last two months with ONE exception, it HATES and I mean DETESTS meteor roaming on o2........phone nearly had a heart attack.

wolfman wrote:
    Barrie
    Is this an ex VF UK phone?
    I think VF in the UK and Meteor share the same barred handset lists

Nope its defintly an Irish v800.(I have the unlocking code that vodafone posted and the imei numbers match.It has Vodafone Ireland Limited written on the bottom of the page and contact numbers and address's aswell and their Irish Website too.)Wap/Mms settings are Irish and I seen the reciept of the phone too.Its not barred anyway I know that.As its still working perfectly on 02 and Vodafone(Irl)

Wolfman could it be the Vodafone software thats causing it?I want to get that removed aswell just looking around now.

Should I ring Meteor now and explain my problem as Chris lad reckons Meteor maybe be able to fix it?

• Advertisement

They may not be able to fix it, but they will be able to check compatability issues. Not sure if Customer Care can help. You'll need to speak with their tech care, in store more than likely.

Ah crap was hoping to use it on Meteor.Sure I can drop down to the Meteor shop.
    Hopefully I can get it flashed to the z800i software beforehand.

Do a search for kobonetshop. They can do remote reflashing for a low price of about 10euro.

Conor S wrote:
    I did the exact same thing with my v800 and its worked fine for the last two months with ONE exception, it HATES and I mean DETESTS meteor roaming on o2........phone nearly had a heart attack.

So you couldnt make/rec calls/msgs on Meteor?
    How did you fix this?
    On roaming with 02 from Meteor isnt a problem as I live in the city where coverage is perfect.

chrislad wrote:
    Do a search for kobonetshop. They can do remote reflashing for a low price of about 10euro.

Cheers for that.I realised now that I have to get a cable for it.DCU-60? or something?or a deskstand charger.I thought the usb cable would work:(

Ok I have the Dcu-60 cable but its for my W800i and not the V800.Its the dcu-11 i need i think?

• Advertisement
Advertisement