Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP Screen replacement?

• 23-01-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Looking for some advice for my bro's PSP it got broke at the weekend - the screen seems to be completely wrecked the actual screen part not just cracked the plastic outer plastic

pics (hosted on RS sorry didnt know where else): pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3
    sorry bout the focus - new camera!

Anybody know where i can get this fixed or a replacement? im based in dundalk but am in dublin most weeks so can go somewhere there if needs be.

He has had it since september and its from the US so i think any warranty or anything like that has expired or dosent carry forward to europe

Any help would be great

Thanks
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ooooh fúck. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

qz wrote:
    Ooooh fúck. :(
    thats what i said:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

trance2004 wrote:
    yeah i checked ebay and google so i reckin could pick up a spare part handy enough its just gettin someone/somewhere who will take on replacing it properly for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That actually looks like a relatively straightforward job (judging from the pic on ebay). If he gets the guide, I'd certainly give it a shot for you if you like (free o' charge), but I make no guarantees. I'm about an hours drive south of you.

edit: PM me if you want me to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

www.imageshack.us

Rapidhsare is a piece of piss tbh. I'm not in the mood to wait 20min to see some pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

you wouldn't wanna go messin with it yourself... could **** it up(even more).. and void the warranty! :(

you wouldn't wanna go messin with it yourself... could **** it up(even more).. and void the warranty! :(
    warranty prob dosent carryover into europe since it was purchased in the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

www.llama.com sell screens

anybody know of any shop in dublin or elsewhere that will do the replacement

• Advertisement

bump
    anybody know of somewhere in ireland for PSP screen replacement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

1. Someone listed at least one place to buy one online (llama)
    2. A lad very graciously offered to do it for free...

thanks for the offer Khannie didnt see it the first time round and thanks for pointing it out Cabelo

right am gonna buy a replacement screen for it then so... lookin on ebay and their seems to be two types....
    Sony PSP Replacement LCD Screen Brand New TFT coming from the UK approx €54

or this one
    NEW SONY PSP SHARP LCD SCREEN REPLACEMENT REPAIR PARTS
    coming from hong kong approx €30

anybody know whats the difference? which would you choose?

ok bought a new screen one ebay last week
    cost me €29 including postage which was good i think.
    Use a installation guide from a google search spend about an hour on friday evening and bingo good as new again!!! the screen seems good qualit and says sharp on it (wether its a legit sharp is another thing!)
    so anybody need any help with replace a PSP screen and/or front fascia just let me know.....

Advertisement