Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Japuters in the LRC

• 23-01-2006 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

anybody see them? they're Dell by the looks of it. they have sexy flat screens too. dont know the specs yet as i havent used them but they seem nice.

no floppy or zip drives on them but they have USB ports at the front for easy access. anybody got their specs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Finally, we have new computers on the ground and first floor of the lrc. ive only been here since september and i was going bloody crazy wit those crappy pcs. they seem alright aswell. all shiny n stuff. anyone from compsoc that reads this i think we should move down here coz they seem they could handle BF2 and watnot....

here a link to the specs. fairly sure it could handle BF2, sure it has a P4 3.0Ghz and a gig of ram, the card isnt too bad aswell wit 128onboard. so...ya....compsoc are moving.haha.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Cuchulain

Hmm compsoc on the open floor of the LRC. We would have a better chance of getting ourselves a dedicated lab, server or college. :cool:

ah its worth a shot,haha.....god we have no hope.haha.....

xp sp2
    usual dell components,the boards can take SATA aswell which i though was cool,
    1gig ram,
    P4 3Ghz
    128MB X600 series (****in sweet)
    overall appearance is cool aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

They certainly do look the part. Love the flat screens, makes the fitting they are in look so obselete!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

We have grand 'puters in the design room D516, fast as hell, P4, 512mb RAM and disc burners, sweetttttt ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Compsoc will only ever be in 307 me thinks... and we wouldn't have a chance of getting the comps in there upgraded for a while. If the games development people put it to the college then there's a chance of them being upgraded. Anyway I am sure that they will al be upgraded in due time. I will try get some info from them. :)

cheers big ears.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Compsoc will only ever be in 307 me thinks... and we wouldn't have a chance of getting the comps in there upgraded for a while. If the games development people put it to the college then there's a chance of them being upgraded. Anyway I am sure that they will al be upgraded in due time. I will try get some info from them. :)

he says that but he never will!!

we should have an unoffical meeting in 201 some day just to test the machines and what games will work (Be warned though: u'll be using your own accounts as this has nothing to do with compsoc (more than likly be on a tuesday or sumthing like that))

Advertisement