Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBB+router sharing possible?

• 23-01-2006 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey lads got a bit of a problem here:

have ibb breeze 1mb line, want to share with friend.

we have one router SMC 7004VWBR V.2

1) of course ibb provides with static ip address, how to configure that ip address in the router we have?

2) i have read on some web site, that to able to share connection a router must have ADSL MODEM built in it. and am not sure BARRICADE have it.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

kill4bite wrote:
    hey lads got a bit of a problem here:

have ibb breeze 1mb line, want to share with friend.

we have one router SMC 7004VWBR V.2

1) of course ibb provides with static ip address, how to configure that ip address in the router we have?

2) i have read on some web site, that to able to share connection a router must have ADSL MODEM built in it. and am not sure BARRICADE have it.

any thoughts?

You don't need an ADSL modem as IBB is not adsl.

check your router's manual for configuration of static ip's

Setup>Wan>Static address

enter the details there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Hi kill4bite,

I have IBB breeze which I share with a Linksys WRT54G-EU. Works perfectly with my wired and wireless PCs.

What you are looking for is a BROADBAND Router, ie, the WAN port or the port to the outside world/Internet is RJ-45. ADSL modem/routers have a RJ-11 socket for the phoneline. Although, in saying that, you can go from the LAN side of an eircom netopia box into a the WAN port of a router such as mine.

Read the manual carefully...it's quite easy to configure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kill4bite

wow quick answers ;) thx a lot! i got sort it out, everything is working, i just had to connect 192.168.2.1 to default gateway to configure static ip and stuff like dat. it is pretty easy :)

now i have another problem, me and i mate are connecting to router through wireless cards, i have this SMC 2.4Ghz 11Mbps Wireless-B PCI Card (SMC2602W) my mate has laptop's wireless card. so there is no problem configured connection thourgh mac address so only us could use it.

and i have this annoying problem, i play css and dods a lot, steam user :) and when i do pings they are:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>ping www.jolt.co.uk

Pinging www.jolt.co.uk [82.133.85.65] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=53
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=19ms TTL=53
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=53
    Reply from 82.133.85.65: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 82.133.85.65:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 20ms

C:\>ping www.boards.ie

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=8ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=56
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=56

Ping statistics for 82.195.136.250:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 94ms, Average = 30ms

C:\>

but in game i get like crazy 150-300 pings, and the game is all spiky :( maybe its some sort of wireless card problem? i'm trying to figure it out playing with all configs, turning off firewall and sh1t like dat but still pings are sh1t in game, but through cmd they rock... wtf? :confused:

and as soon as i start running steam, router keeps tunring on and off thats sooo annoying... does any1 had same problem?

Advertisement