Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playhouse tallaght

• 23-01-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

How much is admission to this place.

Also what else do you know about it what is it like etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Freshmilk

its good specially on sunday nite all drink only 2.50 admis 15 euro but still works out v cheap. think its gone to 21s though and can be hard to get in and no where else really around.but if you do get in can be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

they usually play RAP and the like till about 1 to 1.30 so if ya dont like that go late. as was posted its hard to get in if your not a regular so go to Obar 1 first because you can get in from there instead of queing outside. i dont think ive ever seen anyone get refused entry to the club from Obar.

after 1.30 they usually play a more eclectic mix of pop music form various decades so you should hear at least a few sets of music you'll like.

i can personally attest that on the saturday and sunday the women are great and quite forward (watch your arse :D ) and usually outnumber the men two or three to one (although this usually kicks in after 1 am,many girls waiting to come down late from the aberly)

its spread over "three levels" . although its really just a glorified staircase with either side being a small bit higher than the other. if your getting a pint get it either from the bar at the top of the stairs or the one by the mens toilet. ive been going to the playhouse since it opened and in all the time ive been there the bar by the girls jax has NEVER produced a drinkable beer, if your stuck at that one get a bottle instead.

personally i'd advise you to go on a sunday because two bottles of smirnoff ice on a saturday costs the guts of 12 euros. which is ****ing mad when you can get it for 5 on a sunday.

as mentioned its 15 quid in on sat and sunday but if memory serves its free on thursdays when they do a 70s 80s 90s night:D it can be fun but it attracts an older crowd so be wary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭xxxxx

they usually play RAP and the like till about 1 to 1.30 so if ya dont like that go late. as was posted its hard to get in if your not a regular so go to Obar 1 first because you can get in from there instead of queing outside. i dont think ive ever seen anyone get refused entry to the club from Obar.
    what about before that?

nothing, they START with rap. personally i cant stand that stuff so i usually go late. although if you go in through Obar you dont have a choice. place opens at11.30 so they usually try to force everyone to go down or go home by then.
    that said on the sunday they take their time opening the club. went in once and the club didnt open till near 12. i reckon they were just trying to gouge more cash out of the punters upstairs:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've only been once, but I loved it. They put on a smoke machine, which I thought was a cool touch! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Freshmilk wrote:
    its good specially on sunday nite all drink only 2.50 admis 15 euro but still works out v cheap. think its gone to 21s though and can be hard to get in and no where else really around.but if you do get in can be great

It's not 21s any more...didn't last too long, I heard the place was empty! Sunday is definitely the best night to go, on Fridays it's €10 in but the place is dead, Saturday is good but a tad too expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I went for a while when I was about 18... it's a real craphole imho. The music sucks, cheesy chart R'n'B and dance all the way. About half the people who drink there are the people who work over in the Square... going there when I used to work in Dunnes I'd see half the people I worked with every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

From what I've heard its just full of metrosexual guys and girls that look like(and probably do) work in a hair salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

the plaza is not a hard to place to get into unless you look like scum or yo look young

• Advertisement

I was in the Library last night, then tried to get into Playhouse --

"What age are ye?"
    "18"
    (4 or 5 bouncers in unison) "Sorry not a good night for ye, step aside please"

It was bizarre, happened in a second! :D I was fairly drunk, so I wasn't about to try and protest ;) Most of my mates got the same response.

I think someone said that it's >21's ONE night a week, so maybe I just picked the wrong night.

Ah well, sure enough I ended up goin to Sticky Floor! :D €6 entry with a concession from the summer (had pictures of girls in thongs on a beach :confused:), which was supposed to be used before 12.15!

Had a good night in the end, the music was alright despite noteable absense of Killers songs!

EDIT:

BTW, anyone after good-lookin girls -- do not go to Level 4!

If you're lookin for beached whales, though...! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

DaveMcG wrote:
    I was in the Library last night, then tried to get into Playhouse --

"What age are ye?"
    "18"
    (4 or 5 bouncers in unison) "Sorry not a good night for ye, step aside please"

It was bizarre, happened in a second! :D I was fairly drunk, so I wasn't about to try and protest ;) Most of my mates got the same response.

I think someone said that it's >21's ONE night a week, so maybe I just picked the wrong night.

Ah well, sure enough I ended up goin to Sticky Floor! :D €6 entry with a concession from the summer (had pictures of girls in thongs on a beach :confused:), which was supposed to be used before 12.15!

Had a good night in the end, the music was alright despite noteable absense of Killers songs!

EDIT:

it can happen to 18 year olds but thats life when you are 18. Im 22 and ive never heard the bouncers up there even open their mouths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DaveMcG wrote:

I have some horrible memories of work nights out in Level 4... which may or may not involve scoring Christmas temps, and having THE worst pint of Bulmers in Dublin...
    Though it's kinda funny, I'm convinced that place makes its money on people getting refused from the Playhouse.

^
    That's exactly right -- that's the only reason they're in business! :D lol

Says alot about the kind of people that inhabit it, doesn't it? :p (...me :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've been to this place once, over 5 years ago now. Place was a total disaster.

Some girl goes "Its me mates 25th, will you wish her a happy birthday", "ah sure why not" says I & tongues were exchanged :p

Never again, ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol i got a "i have a bet that i can get a kiss off ya...". i feel so used.

ye but playhouse is decent. better than Coco's anyway. but im a firm believer in "its the company, not the place that makes the night!". though in fairness, me and the boys usually go into town, even though we can walk home from playhouse.

The_B_Man wrote:
    lol i got a "i have a bet that i can get a kiss off ya...". i feel so used.

ye but playhouse is decent. better than Coco's anyway. but im a firm believer in "its the company, not the place that makes the night!". though in fairness, me and the boys usually go into town, even though we can walk home from playhouse.

sweet jesus why dont they just rename COCOs "the creche" :D i swear to god your taking your liberty in your hands if your on the pull down there : "honestly your honor i didnt KNOW she was fifteen, let alone your daughter":D

dont go into town meself anymore, just doesnt feel fun anymore. too crampt, too expensive and too inconvenient in terms of getting home. that and the scumbag element has exploded recently so i'll just stay local with me pint thats under a fiver:D

Advertisement