Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Quin / Newmarket / Ennis (HELP)

• 23-01-2006 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know if there is a provider of wireless Broadband in Quin / Newmarket / Ennis (HELP). I can see ennis / doora/ clooney etc etc....but still cant get broadband...........any suggestion's ?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

feruisk wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a provider of wireless Broadband in Quin / Newmarket / Ennis (HELP). I can see ennis / doora/ clooney etc etc....but still cant get broadband...........any suggestion's ?????

You could try
    http://www.quinonline.com/

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 abc123

Thanks jbkenn.

Feruisk, I'm from Quin Online. We are an established wireless broadband provider in Quin. We have aeriels located on Quin water tower, which cover Quin village and the surrounding areas.

If you are local and can see the water tower or into Quin Village itself there is a good chance we can reach you.

If you want to respond back on this or contact Stuart directly via the web site by phone / e-mail we can call out to you to do a radio check.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reademandweep

BBnet are providing braodband in/around some of the areas that you mention, also. www.bbnet.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 feruisk

:( Tried Quin-Online and BBnet......still no luck .......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try Digiweb if you can see the RTE mast on Woodcock Hill and get all 4 UHF tV from it perfect (39, 42, 46, 49 I think).

If you can't get those TV and can't see Woodcock Hill RTE mast then forget them for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 feruisk

Thanks Watty ..... Can get all 4 channels alright....rang digiweb and they said that they have no service in my area.....:mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

You could try Shannon Broadband, they are rolling out Community BB to the Shannon Region as per the recent DCMNR press releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

thegills wrote:
    You could try Shannon Broadband, they are rolling out Community BB to the Shannon Region as per the recent DCMNR press releases.

You are taking the piss, right? :D

jbkenn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Are Shannon Broadband not Clare and Limerick County Councils under another name, where exactly is their 'Network' and their 'Network Operations Centre' based ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

feruisk wrote:
    :( Tried Quin-Online and BBnet......still no luck .......:(

Give http://www.irishwan.com/ a go.

It's a hobbyist non-commercial network, and so, not everyone's idea of broadband, but you are very welcome.

There are a good few involved in Clare now.

regards,
    Dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement