Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlife, clubs

Options
  • 23-01-2006 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

id like to start a topic bout music in the clubs
    ive just got some info about bowery: wednesday "club lemon" (wtf? what kinda music is it), thur - indie, punk, funk, soul (no thx hehe), fri - remixed retro (why again, why fsckin retro all the time everywhere), sat (best of club mixes - id go check it out but i always work that day..), sun - "trad session"
    'ten' is supposed to play some good house/trance music on wed, but not every wed.
    rubys: tue - retro (60.70,80 - craaaaap,how ppl can dance?! ok drunken), wed (i think same music?), fri - what about fri, anyone gets idea?
    oxygen fri - some hiphop, rap, black music which i dont like, u might be lucky to hear one trance tune, which is bad

where do i get fun in here on friday or wed night? i dun like 60-70-80, neither slow black music.
    suggest me sometin pls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a good mp3 player?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

eloelo wrote:
    u might be lucky to hear one trance tune, which is bad

LMAO! :D
    I'm going to hunt you down and kill you untill you die from it for liking handbag dance music. Do you have any taste? Trance OMG! :v: (sorry for been rude)

The forum is your best bet if you don't want to be listening to retro or pop tart music. Check out Musiklab.net for a gig listing. On saturday night they had Chris Liebing playing techno, the place was jammers and he was meant to have blown the roof of the place. Musiklab put on the best house nights in Waterford so they are well worth checking out. Ten have some good dj's playing now and again on a Saturday night. Yousef was there last saturday night, the next night in ten is a Loft Party organised by the Ten Residents which should be a good laugh. Thats on the first friday of Feb. If you want to find out more then check this out. Its the gig guide on my website, which has all the upcoming dj nights in waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

trance? aka techno?
    You fool. With bad taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Le Rack wrote:
    trance? aka techno?

trance and techno are very different to one another.....well in the same sense as Hip-Hop is different from R'n'B anyway :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 eloelo

LMAO! :D
    I'm going to hunt you down and kill you untill you die from it for liking handbag dance music. Do you have any taste? Trance OMG! :v: (sorry for been rude)
    I didn't mean 'one trance tune is not enough'. I meant you can only hear bad, b trance music here. It doesn't mean I'm some kind of trance freak I wish to be able hearin most popular like tiesto - adagio for strings, or some paul van dyks. That's all. Sorry for annoying you :)

• Advertisement

house night seems great anyway
    thanks for information

Le Rack wrote:
    trance? aka techno?
    You fool. With bad taste.

what is a good taste Mr?

trance and techno are very different to one another.....well in the same sense as Hip-Hop is different from R'n'B anyway :confused:
    that's right. trance differs from everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭lukemusiklab

Cheer's for the nice words Rollo. If ya havn't checked out our NYE video it kinda sums up what we like to do...

http://musiklab.net/nye.mov

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

And how old are you eloelo? 16?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Sorry, and thanx! I just associate them I suppose! That sort of stuff all sounds the same to me!

eloelo, I'm a Ms. and good taste is music with real instruments and real words, both of which you can actually hear. Now I'm not 100% sure what trance is but if it is connected to techno, then it's just wailing noises that cat's in labour and dinasour computers make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not a fan of techno at all but trance can be quite soothing at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

i agree more for background music or for putting me to sleep.

Advertisement