Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice on OCing ati radion.

Options
  • 23-01-2006 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just wondering if anybody could give me a rough estimation on how far to go with the ati radion x200 (yes, the laptop one :o )

I acquireda a toshiba l200... i shall be getting a gig of ram so there wont be a problem there... thanks for any help.

kn0x.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Bad news for you i dont think its going to overclock much ..and if i remember rightly the bios wont allow you to overclock and there might'nt be many software overclock tools for this chipset altough i do remeber reading about clockgen covering this chipset but im not sure if it was the desktop one or not i may be wrong but i hav'nt seen much about overclocking this one in its laptop form . you wont be playing FEAR on this one .sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 knox1664

yea i know.... she'll run hl2 css and bf2 so i'm not too bummed. as far as i know thats about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

clockgen is for processor/ram/fsb only.

Get ATItool, might overclock it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ATI tool will OC it, but I wouldnt be too confident in overclocking a laptop GFX, seen as its probably badly/passively cooled. And its not worth the gain in performance for the risk/heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 knox1664

Yeh i have bad heat problems already and that's just running Battlefield Vietnam... But with the gigabyte of ram she shouldn't struggle so much. Well, I'm a wishin' and a hopin'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement