Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Oh, and the carnival!
    Remember the car driving around with the loudspeaker on the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Oh, and the carnival!
    Remember the car driving around with the loudspeaker on the roof?

Haha! Yes, I do! And the Swinging boats at the carnival that used to nearly hit the cars on the Golf Road once momentum was gained! I was never allowed into 'Rats' as a laddy, was too 'dangerous' according to the folks...just turns out it was a dirty kip!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

hey just joined and seen this thread.

i live in skerries and rockee skerries is much more soccer/gaa oriented then rugby hehe.

if u had to choose between rush lusk or skerries to live i would choose skerries.

much more developed, more to do(hence all the rush heads n luskies comin to skerries to go out), and we dont have to share a train station with another town hehe)

for the people who are moving around this area and asking about dodgy areas, lusk has no dodgy estates as orlynn park is its only one. wouldnt move there, borin as fook.

rush isnt a bad little town, lots of shops etc, has the odd dodgy estate but where doesnt. st catherines has a bit of a reputation but i know plenty of nice people there.

skerries hasnt really got any bad areas. can be dodgy walking around the town on a saturday night when all the pubs spill out though.

anywayz any questions just ask,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AA_man_salute

"skerries hasnt really got any bad areas"

Are you joking????????
    Have you never heard of 'Mourne View' in Skerries?
    Take a look at the court reports in The Fingal Independent week after week and see what's goes on and by whom.
    I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, (I have friends up there) but I've regularly seen stolen cars driven around and burnt out, on a nighly basis during the summer.
    Also big gangs running around setting alight to hedges and beating the crap out of one another. Couldn't believe it was going on until I lived up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

thats exaggeration if ever i saw it.

ive alot of friends there also, and i cant remember the last time i saw a burned or stolen car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another Rush blow in here.
    Living here about 8 or 9 years.

Lovely town,nice people,two beaches and a nice quite estate to live in too.

Lusk has very little in it apart from houses now and looks quite depressing(sorry).

Skerries is really nice but the people know it and can be a bit up their own ****.
    Southside wannabies if ever there were ones;)

Mr.Plough wrote:
    hey just joined and seen this thread.

i live in skerries and rockee skerries is much more soccer/gaa oriented then rugby hehe.

if u had to choose between rush lusk or skerries to live i would choose skerries.

much more developed, more to do(hence all the rush heads n luskies comin to skerries to go out), and we dont have to share a train station with another town hehe)

for the people who are moving around this area and asking about dodgy areas, lusk has no dodgy estates as orlynn park is its only one. wouldnt move there, borin as fook.
    Rush is home to me so Id have to choose Rush for a start, nothing against Skerries just prefer home! The thing about going out in Rush is we have the same if not more pubs than Skerries but with the exception of maybe the lounge in Walshes, The Michael Collins or gig night in The Harbour, the other pubs are kinda boring or 'oul lads' pubs. Thats why my age group(im 24) go to Skerries...was in O'Sheas last Saturday night and had a fantastic night. The thing about rush/lusk train station is that the trains are packed from Drogheda in the mornings/evenings regardless, so it doesnt make much difference if we have to 'share' a train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AA_man_salute

"thats exaggeration if ever i saw it.
    ive alot of friends there also, and i cant remember the last time i saw a burned or stolen car."

Mourne View Skerries. No exaggeration. Lived up there and myself and my family were awoken at 3am by guys driving stolen cars.
    Yes I've seen burn out cars up there.
    The Community Centre in Mourne View has damaged done to the outside of it where gangs have tried to set it alight.
    As I mentioned read The Fingal Independent week after week to see the court reports of who is involved in crime and where it's happening.
    There is a way out though, young ones in Mourne View get "up the duff" so they can move into new luxury three bedroom homes (paid for by the social welfare) in nearby 'Montego Bay' (Kellys Bay.) Then they move
    their boyfriends in.

Can any fellow 'Rushians!' believe the amount of building on the Skerries Road??? The traffic on the main street is bad enough as it is...I can only imagine it in about a years time...also, has anybody heard any news of the supposed swmming pool to be built in Rush? Its been put on and off so many times down through the years....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Rockee wrote:
    Has anybody heard any news of the supposed swmming pool to be built in Rush?

Highly unlikely a pool will get developed as The ballast pit in Skerries is earmarked for a public pool for the area by the The North East Fingal Swimming Pool Committee.

Have a look at the development plan for your town to see whats planned to go where over the next few years anyhow.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/devplan/yourfingal/amend_draft/maps/sheet4/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Jesus,

I've been living in Lusk for the past year and while I agree that it's a quiet enough spot, I'm a bit taken aback at the slating that it's getting here.

There are benefits to living in a quieter village like Lusk i.e. closer to the motorway and Swords, no traffic to really worry about (yes, I have been caught in traffic jams in Rush caused by those pretty pointless traffic lights, the town was doing quite alright without them).

Lusk will develop given time but my main worry down the line is in relation to schools etc but that's a good 8-10 year away before I've got to worry about anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DannyBoy.Lt

Rockee wrote:
    Rush has got the nickname Little Russia or Little Latvia!

I'm Lithuanian. Can you please explain me what has Lithuania or Latvia to do with Russia ? We were occupied by russians for 50 years, but we're not them.
    Should I start calling Ireland ''Little England''?

My advice - read more books...

hi OP, im a tipp man but i have Aunt/cousins in Rush. Nice town havent been there in a few years though.

Rogerstown is a road going down to the left on the way to the station/or indeed the train station area am i right??

my uncle in law has a few jars in the harbour bar and i am familiar with rats arcade. remeber playing fifa 95 there all them years ago.

what are the ladies like up there???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Rogerstown is a road going down to the left on the way to the station/or indeed the train station area am i right??
    Near enough.
    what are the ladies like up there???
    Not worth the train fare from Tipp. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Strictly speaking, Rodgerstown is an area as opposed to a road. It's on the southern end of Rush. The road to Rodgerstown that you refer to is Spout Road.

I'm Lithuanian. Can you please explain me what has Lithuania or Latvia to do with Russia ? We were occupied by russians for 50 years, but we're not them.
    Should I start calling Ireland ''Little England''?

My advice - read more books...

I didnt give it that nickname, its actually people from outside Rush who gave it that nickname. I agree with you by the way, the people who made up that name should read more books.

Advertisement