Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of Touch

• 24-01-2006 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey, I've become out of touch with my rap music as of late and am getting back into it! :) I like mainstream stuff but not eminem... my favourite rap albums would be the early deathrow dre stuff... doggysytle and the chronic but i want to diversify a bit....

Can someone recommend SONGS that I could downlaod to get me back into it!

Cheers :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

My fave albums of 2005 have been Cormega's The Testament(literate NY Gangster rap),OPIO's Triangulation Station(west coast rapper from the Hiero crew,very laidback rap and hip-hop)and One Be Lo's SONOGRAM(sounds a bit like a mixture of Nature and Mos Def,again laidback beats).I have a feeling you would also like Ras Kass' last mixtape Institutionalized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

there's about 6,584 threads exactly the same as this one already, search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fireglo

Klimseven wrote:
    there's about 6,584 threads exactly the same as this one already, search.

That exact! Lol cheers guys! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Best gangster rap albums of recent are probably,

Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation
    Game - Documentary
    Lil Wayne - The Carter 2

Its not been a big year.

Dont bother looking for a thread theres nothing looking for mainstream only threads with people talking about underground/unknown/unsuccessful whatever you want to call it music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Dont bother looking for a thread theres nothing looking for mainstream only threads with people talking about underground/unknown/unsuccessful whatever you want to call it music
    In my view, 'successful' music is music that is good, not bad music that sells..but then again, I'm over 16 years of age.

Whatever, I shouldn't have even responded to that $hit, search and you'll find some quality music, whatever you want to call it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yes.50 is case in point went from being a relatively well known underground rapper with a good quality of life and a once good flow to being a very well known rapper that sings on his hooks and then mumbles a bit in between and basically making trash rap music with good beats.I'd say the former was more successful as a rapper anyday.

I guess it depends on your defintion of successful.If it depends on materialism and the amount of cash you get,then 50 is a more successful rapper then Nas.Fact.

And just about all 'commercial' music,rap or otherwise,sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

if you wanna hear a sample of rappers who you might like, go to the link below,it kind of compiles an online radio station for you, based on the artist name you give. So, for instance, if you are a doctor dre fan, you creeate a doctor dre station. the site goes through its database, which seems to be quite comprehensive and sets up a playlist of songs by, doctor dre say, and by a pile of other artists whose music matches the same criteria as the artist you choose. its a pretty cool site for everyone to check out actually!

http://www.pandora.com/

Advertisement