Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ Forum?

• 24-01-2006 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what your opinions are on starting a DJing forum in the Music section.

Most DJing threads are started in the Dance/Electronic forum,as this is where it seems to recieve a wider audience.Some boarders however think that DJing involves just dance music.I would regard myself mostly a HipHop Dj but find that there is not much interest in DJing in the HipHop/Rap forum,and the Recording/Mixing/Collaborations forums discusses mainly Recording subjects.

The new DJ forum would discuss subjects such as DJ equipment,new vinyl released,record shops around the country,DJ/vinyl/equipment websites,beatmatching methods/scratching,and would give DJs a chance to post their set links up - be they Dance,HipHop,Alternative,Mash-up.

Putting it out on the table anyway,Mods opinions are appreciated,

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

boards is becoming too segregated with all of these new forums...
    i suppose its constant growth is an excuse for this though.

you have my support if you create a forum request thread:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I think this would be a good idea too - however there are tons of other great DJ forums on the net (such as DJsource) so I could understand if it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

You'd have my thumbs up for one too. BUT, lets not keep it exclusive to the likes of electronic/dance music and its merits in mixing, sampling etc etc.

A "DJ" forum would have to include anything to do with it - weddings & parties, PA, equipment use & experience, character reference and personality, skills & trends, the list goes on.

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Agree 100% Seanie.That was a point that I was making,that DJing isn't just about Dance/Electronic music as some people are lead to believe.

Might be a chance to throw a few nixers around aswell,or to let people know where the lesser known,decent DJs are playing in pubs etcetera etcetera.

@ Giles - Yeah there are a few around already but it would be refreshing to have one where the main site isn't just dedicated to music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i'd be well up for it too... although in my opinion stuff like mixing techniques / pa gear reviews etc should really go into the instruments /playing/theory/technique subforum....

you're right about the hip hop forum not exactly being full of topics on stuff like djing or scratching though, there's been a fair bit of discussion on digital mp3 mixing on here and stuff like that...

tell me about mixing hip hop by the way, my girlfriend buys hip hop vinyl and i've been trying to whack on a few tunes every once in a while recently and i cant make head or tail of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id go for it.

tell me about mixing hip hop by the way, QUOTE]

Ah,well all shall be revealed in the all new singing all dancing all scratching DJ forum won't it?
    my girlfriend buys hip hop vinyl QUOTE]

Your bird is hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

tell me about mixing hip hop by the way, QUOTE]

Ah,well all shall be revealed in the all new singing all dancing all scratching DJ forum won't it?
    my girlfriend buys hip hop vinyl QUOTE]

Your bird is hot

yeah well i'm hotter cos i play drum and bass!

Ah good stuff,bit of Drum and bass never hurt anyone.Came across a great DnB bar when I was in New Zealand.The place was tiny,amazing sound system,the sub took up half the place.

They were mad for the DnB Reggae style over there,sounded great.don't know many artists that play this but would like to find out more bout it if you know much about it Tranny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054922170

i've stuck up a request thread for a DJ forum there

• Advertisement
Advertisement