Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probs with connections from Belcamp Exchange ?

• 24-01-2006 1:30am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With utv through Belcamp Exchange, unable to connect to utv since before 6, got through to utv cs and the guy walked me through making sure my connection was ok - dsl signal is grand, just won't get a connection dialling utv. I reckon I was the first of a few because when I was talking to the guy he said they were just starting to get calls coming in. He reckoned it was some work going on in the exchange. As it happens my dsl connection has been up and down like the proverbial underwear of a certain type of service worker ;) since the speed upgrade, reconnects straight away, but at different speeds, from 25xx to 30xx......... most strange.

Now connected at 56k, dear sweet lord, how did any of us ever survive on the interweb waiting for pages to load ?

Anyone else having similar problems ?

The Ritz.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not personally, but a friend of mine was having a lot of difficulty connecting to Eircom in the Coolock area last night - not sure if she is on the Belcamp exchange, but presume so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

2 of my mates are having the exact same problem although im on belcamp without a problem

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I was down from about 17:00 yesterday until sometime during the morning...

Now that it's back it's 2048/128. Thanks Eircom. (I'm a BT customer by the way)

My 3072/384 was working perfectly until whoever decided to play with the exchange. I'll call them shortly. *sighs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭ando

I was down all last night aswell (I'm on Belcamp), same with friends in the area.

Untitled-2.gif

now its back to 2meg/128

Well I called and talked with them.

After the hilarity of being told that I should be on 2048/128 and that BT don't resell Eircom bitstream she eventually copped on.

Finally I extracted something more useful from her. She said they're working on the exchange and 'give it until about lunchtime'. I'll be in work so I'll find out this evening when I get home. Hopefully it will be sorted by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

The Belcamp exchange did indeed go down last night, seems to be back up now but only at pre-upgrade speeds :( . I'll give it till after lunch time to see if they sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

I'm on belcamp too. Was about to complain to BT about it. Yesterday was my first time to log on in over a week, and I wasn't getting an IP. DSL kept going down too. Will try it again tonight to see if it's back up.

Belcamp isn't great, I'm about 4.5km from it. When I was .5MB it was perfect. At 2MB it goes down around 6:30 every night. I looking forward to seeing it now at 3MB.

More then likely I'm going to have to downgrade to the 1MB connection if it means a more realible connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'm on Belcmap as well, went down last night and it's back this morning but only at the pre-upgrade speed of 2048/128.

I'm with Eircom, so if I dont get my uploads speeds back I tells ya! *waves a stick*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was also down.

My speeds were ugraded early on Sunday though. Now I seem to have sub 512k speeds.

It would have went off at about 17.47 yesterday evening for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I'm on Belcmap as well, went down last night and it's back this morning but only at the pre-upgrade speed of 2048/128

... Seems a few of us are in the same boat so, my situation is the same as above. I hope whatever they're doing fixes the drop outs etc.......

All the same, with all the hoo ha about speed upgrades, when my yoke connected at 2048 (in the very early hours of the morning... fell sleep waiting for a page to load at 56k, lol....) the speed difference between it and dialup - well guys thats what's called a speed upgrade.........

Now lets' see if utv do something decent about that stupid 16Gb cap...... otherwise it's into the market place we go. Not sure how much down time is involved in changing over to a diferent provider - any ideas ?

Thanks,

The Ritz.

• Advertisement

Hmm... It's well after lunch time now. Anyone at home know if this is back to the new normal or if it's still downgraded? (Damn my impatience.)

Well in work I'm supposed to be on their 5MB service... but I'm only getting about 20% of that at the moment.

Actually I'll be very surprised if Belcamp can get anywhere near 5MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

Belcamp is still at old speeds :(

Like most of you here, I was upgraded yesterday and was enjoying my extra speed for about an hour, when it went down for the rest of the night.

I was up at 6pm this morning for a pee (too much info I know!) and when I checked it then, it was back up. (at pre upgrade speeds of course)

I hope they get it sorted out soon, the treble upload speed was sweet... for all of 2 hours I had it... :(

Ugh... Wonderful. If I get home before 21:00 I'll check and then call them (again) if needs be. This is damn annoying. Why did someone have to go and break the damn exchange.

And because it's around these parts, they're probably not that bothered about fixing it ASAP :(

Don't they realise that broadband internet is the only thing keeping us from hitting the streets and robbing cars?

Don't they realise that broadband internet is the only thing keeping us from hitting the streets and robbing cars?

:-D True! I was so bored last night I was thinking of calling up for Anto and Deco and doing a bit of joyriding!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Just to mention I'm also having problems on the Belcamp exchange. Our 5m/bit x 512 line was working perfectly until yesterday. Now we're back on 4m/bit (with errors). I spent 20 minutes waiting for a guy to tell me that my line couldn't handle the 5m/bit. Even though it had been working perfectly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Back home now, still on pre-upgrade speed, with the line losing sync occasionally. Annoying, but still better than struggling through on 56k like last night.

Hope they get it sorted.

The Ritz.

True, pre update speed is better than no speed at all, but it was such a tease getting the higher speed for only a few hours yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

If it's not fixed by tomorrow I'm ringing up complaining!

I've been paying €55p.m since Eircom started selling residential broadband and if I dont get the damn upload upgrade that I've been deserving since the day I signed up, then someone's gonna get more than a ear full!!

Well BT were kind enough to leave me on hold for 10 minutes and then disconnect me because they're no closed. Grr...

I just got home now and checked my speed here.

It's at 193kbps when it should be 2mbps.

Hmm, odd. I'm still getting the 1710/106 that I used to get.

Hopefully they've been waiting all day to do proper works on it tonight. I'm not holding my breath though.

Actually it's all over the place... anywhere between 200kbps and 700kbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Okay we all confirm we're still at the pre-upgrade speeds. But I must add, my line is staying up. Last week my connection was sooo slow in comparision.....

I too hope it can be sorted out. I'm paying for BT BB+ and only getting BT BB, would save €10 a month if I *ummm* downgraded to my *current* package!

BT BB is a higher package than we have. They've double the upload. I'm still hoping this will be a quick fix. Quite curious as to what happened also. It seems like a bit of a strange error. The firmware didn't 'hold'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EliCash

I'm on BTBB+ on Belcamp and have exactly the same speed as you halenger - 1710/209. So no upgrade. It's rock solid though. I'm always gettin ridiculous **** from clueless customer service reps aswell!!! After the joyriding, I reckon we get the glocks out and storm the ISPs. We are all bad ass gangstazzz after all!

Peace out homiez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

im on eircom plus on the belcamp exchange and have had no problems whatsoever unlike a lot of others it seems my connection has been at 3072/384 since the upgrade i find it odd since it took me 2 years and countless emails to phil nolan to get eircom to accept my line is bb capable now it seems its more capable than people who passed ther test
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 alan1978

I'm up at 1.16am hoping (no praying) for my dam interweb speeds 2 get back to the upgraded speeds. Sub 2mb sucks big time and my upload is only 109 at best, basically it means no decent Bf2 ping.

I rang up Eircom to complain about the Belcamp Exchange, got in touch with some Indian guy, he asked me to run the Eircom Speedtest, he didn't even know the url for the speedtest. I knew it already, I had to bloody tell the fool. We have no real broadband alternative in the area, this better improve! I can't wait till Magnet roll out their 24mb connections in 6 months time, I will tell Eircom to stick this product up their holes! :)

Advertisement