Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probs with connections from Belcamp Exchange ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

There are still major problems on this exchange. Of course Eircom didn't bother getting back to explain the nature of the problem or the estimated time to fix the problem, in fact I've spoken to Business enhanced support twice, and they're unaware of a problem, despite the fact that 5m/bit was working perfectly. "I'm afraid your line isn't good enough, and your 4m/bit line is working perfectly according to our pings to your router". Our 4m/bit (paying for 5) is now not working correctly at all. Sure we're only paying €204.49 per month for this.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I talked with BT and the girl was quite helpful today. No real details though to be honest. They're waiting for an update from Eircom to say whether they've fixed the exchange one way or another. She said she'd call me when she hears though. If it's fixed and then we're still at the incorrect speeds they can escalate something there. I'd imagine when Eircom fix it it'll all be grand though.

She did know of the problems alright and said it's possible we're being routed through a different exchange or a different 'card' - not knowing the internals of an exchange I'm guessing they've different cards and the one we're connected to broke/didn't take the firmware upgrade stabily/something. That would explain why some people aren't having any problems on this exchange. I couldn't get a timeframe for the expected fix. Hopefully this isn't going to turn into a long running thing - I wouldn't be at all pleased with that, nor would any of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My speeds seem to have settled at around 700kbps. Not fast enough really, but at least they aren't jumping up and down any more.

I'm going to go check on the 5mb line in work in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

Thanks for ringing around guys to try and get more info, even if most of the support people don't have a clue what's going on, although thankfully ever once in a while you do get someone who knows what they are on about!

My line is stable at the old speeds so that is something but hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get back to the upgraded speeds :)

Ok well a slight update but nothing much really.

Eircom have acknowledged that there is a problem (how nice) and that they will be scheduling an outage to fix it. No idea of when the outage will be - not even days versus weeks etc. I was asked if I wanted my ticket left open so I said yes. She'll give me a call when Eircom schedule the outage. I'll keep an eye on broadbandsupport.eircom.net also and see if anything pops up there.

Until then we're stuck with the old speeds. Definately better than nothing and I've got to agree the connection has been relatively stable - one disconnection in the last 24/48 hours (not sure exactly because I rebooted each morning to make sure it wasn't needing it - before calling them again).

• Advertisement

Wheee.... Further update. :p

Just off the phone with BT (I'm not still calling them, honest - they called me). They've received word from Eircom and the works are planned for tonight between 20:00 and 00:00. Fingers crossed it works out ok. We'll know in the morning, if not this evening/tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Thank christ.

Thanks for the effort Halenger, I've been shít busy the last couple of days so I've not had a chance to ring and complain to them, so you doing it for the likes of me is much appreciated. ;)

If it aint fixed tonight though, I'll be joining the complaint commity tomorrow. :)

I hope they fix it. I'll post in the morning with an update.

Well fair play to them. It's working. Lets hope it stays that way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭ando

my upload is 384kbps Yipeeeee, but my line cant get above 1792kbps down the line which is a kick in the teeth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭zzap64

Yeaaaaahhhh! My life is complete again x-) I've been upgraded again and according to my modem/router, up and down is connected at the full speeds. :) Must increase the upload speed in eMule now... :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Connection blip here earlier on tis evening, now connected 2688 down, 384 up. was stable a 2084 for the last few days, hope this finally reaches the 3Mb speed and stays stable...............

The Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mrfodder

The Ritz wrote:
    Connection blip here earlier on tis evening, now connected 2688 down, 384 up. was stable a 2084 for the last few days, hope this finally reaches the 3Mb speed and stays stable...............

Hope so too. 2720/384. Had the best stabliyy at 2048/128 in the last few days than I have had for ages. Better be good or I'm going 2048/256.

Yes it's working perfectly now. No errors on the connection and synced at a stable 5m/bit x 1/5 m/bit. Amazing that we got more solid info from BT than we did from Eircom!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Back to it's old games again............ been up and down a few times, now connected 2016/384........:(

Anyone else experienceing issues or is everyone up at 3Mb ? I'm curious as a mate suggested it might be down to some issue with phone wires in my house......

The Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Is the belcamp exchange down again,ive no connection last two nights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Snowbie wrote:
    Is the belcamp exchange down again,ive no connection last two nights?
    Fine for me. Both in my office and at home. With Esat at home and Eircom at work.

EDIT:... Well as fine as Belcamp gets anyway... I still get pretty poor speeds at the office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Ah Nuts anyway,Router problem again,blinkin thing hasnt worked(internet)since Tuesday evening this week.My utility page of router is showing that i have a downstream and upstream with no defect and i am still sending and receiving packets from my line but still no connection,hmm checked and checked everthing over and over,lines power microfilter everthing and aok,no joy at all.Any suggestions,most welcome as i am spending alot of time on my pc and with no connection,withdrawl symptoms im getting,goin into cold turkey here.

Advertisement