Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rogues

• 24-01-2006 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭

I've a lvl 26 nightie, so just wondering if anyone's got any advice for using my ickle rogue?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

as long as your a sneaky bastard, who backstabs people when they have less then 50% health, then spits on them, you'll be fine. :mad:

ok, so i had a bad run in with 2 rogues tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

rouges r the bset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

****ing world of roguecraft :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

if you have got cash to burn get your gear enchant with high level enchants,

7stam on boots, 9stam on bracers, 7agility on gloves, 100hp on chest, fiery enchant on weapon.

in other words twink him and you will kill things so damm fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,668 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Rogues are horrible to play against in PvP - you will piss off sooooo many ppl. They are great to play with in instance runs though. The best instance i ever experienced was with a sheeping mage and a sapping rogue in SM - every group of mobs was so simple since there were 2 damage dealers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

The BG's are **** due to the alliance's inherent 'wanker' quota, but if I ever come across Horde in the wild who are on PvP (I'm on a normal server, hate the all PvP ones, full of Gankers) well then it's time for some good old fashioned stalky stalky stabby stabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Some of the alliance teams seem very well organised and the night elf ability to remain hidden makes for good flag defence.

When I was first dabbling in the BG's I came across some organised alliance teams. We even won some battles! Since then though, it's been embarassing, and a lot of battles have degenerated into intra-ally slagging matches, with one person calling everyone **** and logging out. A tad annoying.

My Horde characters come across some well organised ally teams, and thats always a great laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

fiery weapon on both daggers/swords does all kinds of damage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Thren

aye, tis a nice proc alright :) Make sure you get youself a http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3148 as soon as you can - and http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6144 - they served me very well.... Backstab and cheapshot ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't forget to lvl your lockpicking. Funniest (bad) encounter I had with a rogue is when we brought him (lvl60!) along to a DM ogre-king run, and his lockpicking was something pants like just over 200. We ended up having to run back out and get engineering supplies, when lockpicking was the only reason we brought him along that run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Omeallage

Drakar wrote:
    Some of the alliance teams seem very well organised and the night elf ability to remain hidden makes for good flag defence.

alliance well organised? ur takin d piss. all dey end up doin is wantin 2 kill everyone in der own group. im a lv 33 mage nd its impossible 2 find a workin group. too many play alliance. iv played horde for a bit nd der much better organised nd always willing to help. most alliance dont care about d group as a whole i.e people playin out of character class.. will we ever learn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I play a rogue, the greatest rogue that has ever lived. Advice for playing a rogue? Always carry flash powder with you. Buy 7 or 8 stacks of it so you don't have to keep running back and forth to the nearest shady dealer. Use instant poisons when grinding, they really reduce your grinding time and you'll get alot more xp per hour.

Learn each class.. For example - Melee based don't like to be hit with crippling poison. Have insignia of alliance ready incase you get polymorphed or feared. Rogues need to close distance and fast so they can unleash dps. there are two basic rogues and many builds.. Dagger and sword spec. I prefer dagger spec, and I'm cold blood/preperation spec. Read the rogue forums for the pros/cons of each build.

Don't be disheartened if you lose "duels". Rogues don't win duels.. But once you get out in the open world, you will become king.. King of everything that is backstabbingly brilliant!

Learn how to lock down people. Stunlock rogues are a menace, a great menace! Cheap shot, gouge and kidney shot are you friend. Learn when and when not to use them. Opening cheap shots on melee based characters is a good idea, on a mage however it is not.

Play your rogue.. You'll learn the hard way like the rest of us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko wrote:
    Don't forget to lvl your lockpicking. Funniest (bad) encounter I had with a rogue is when we brought him (lvl60!) along to a DM ogre-king run, and his lockpicking was something pants like just over 200. We ended up having to run back out and get engineering supplies, when lockpicking was the only reason we brought him along that run.

That was once me.

"That Locked Mithril Bound Chest is the symbol for your failure in life".

dlofnep wrote:
    I play a rogue, the greatest rogue that has ever lived. Advice for playing a rogue? Always carry flash powder with you. Buy 7 or 8 stacks of it so you don't have to keep running back and forth to the nearest shady dealer. Use instant poisons when grinding, they really reduce your grinding time and you'll get alot more xp per hour.

Learn each class.. For example - Melee based don't like to be hit with crippling poison. Have insignia of alliance ready incase you get polymorphed or feared. Rogues need to close distance and fast so they can unleash dps. there are two basic rogues and many builds.. Dagger and sword spec. I prefer dagger spec, and I'm cold blood/preperation spec. Read the rogue forums for the pros/cons of each build.

Don't be disheartened if you lose "duels". Rogues don't win duels.. But once you get out in the open world, you will become king.. King of everything that is backstabbingly brilliant!

Learn how to lock down people. Stunlock rogues are a menace, a great menace! Cheap shot, gouge and kidney shot are you friend. Learn when and when not to use them. Opening cheap shots on melee based characters is a good idea, on a mage however it is not.

Play your rogue.. You'll learn the hard way like the rest of us :)

Cheers for the advice. I'd already begun to notice that. Rogues are fun. :)

Advertisement