Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when he/she annoys you....

• 24-01-2006 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

how do you react?
    I go ballistic and say the stupidest of things- just to get him off my case.....but then I hurt him in the process....which I hate!!
    Long distance sucks
    can't hack it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

how do you react?
    I go ballistic and say the stupidest of things- just to get him off my case.....but then I hurt him in the process....which I hate!!
    Long distance sucks

yeah me too, like i do love her , but she pisses me off then she ends up like coffee .................ground up and in the freezer:eek:

completely agree with what ya said, though me and her have our fights but the make up sex is lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

serabi wrote:
    how do you react?
    I go ballistic and say the stupidest of things.....but then I hurt him in the process....which I hate!!
    Long distance sucks
    can't hack it

Then don't say stupid things just because you'r throwing a temper tantrum. Going out with someone isn't a license to abuse them, (that works both ways btw). And if you can't hack long distance, then don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I always manage to stop a Argument with a very simple trick.

Just close your eyes as he/she is giving out ( Mind you this only really works if your a guy) and smile.

When they ask what you are doing just say

"I'm picturing you Naked"
    They will of course go mental and tell you to stop it. Your responce should be

"Make me"

The argument is long forgotten after about 5 mins of this =)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it's an argument though, there's generally a reason behind it which you can't just make disappear by ignoring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Megatron wrote:
    I always manage to stop a Argument with a very simple trick.

Just close your eyes as he/she is giving out ( Mind you this only really works if your a guy) and smile.

When they ask what you are doing just say

"I'm picturing you Naked"
    They will of course go mental and tell you to stop it. Your responce should be

"Make me"

The argument is long forgotten after about 5 mins of this =)

ignoring the issue doesnt make it go away however.

if they annoy you, then why not just settle backand breath deeply for a moment,and then wonder why you were geting annoyed about.

perhaps you are just looking for reasons to be annoyed becuase you are frustrated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Nahh very very little annoy's me.

And anything that would, they know about . so if i do get annoyed they have done so on purpose.

the little example i gave is more fun to do that anything else. yes my ex knew i was doing it so we wouldn't argue....

but it was only a suggestion , a way of easing the tension =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

when you are in a relationship where you don't get to see much of the other person ( reguardless of the reason, distance/work/life )
    it can be hard.
    You to tend to get anoyed that you don't get to spend quality intimate time with them ( talk and sharing not just shagging ).
    You don't want to rock the boat and spent what little time you do have with them grumping and you try to have a fun time
    but then you are being false with them and yourslef.
    This can lead to a real distance between the two of you.
    You either have to learn to accept the difficulties and furstrations that go with the relationship and learn to make the most of it
    or if you can't and it is more grief then good in you life then you should end it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hate long distance relationships....never again ;-(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just dont do anything to annoy them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Physical violence is the best method tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Yeah get those things from gladiators that look like ear swabs and beat the livin bejeasus out of each other then have sex!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Yeah get those things from gladiators that look like ear swabs and beat the livin bejeasus out of each other then have sex!!!
    I really like this idea :p

The sex would probably speed up the healing process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

you legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

magick wrote:
    yeah me too, like i do love her , but she pisses me off then she ends up like coffee .................ground up and in the freezer:eek:

Its just so difficult at times......:(
    I adore him but he just really gets under my skin at times....and I know I drive him bananas.....however he's more selfcontrol and would never hurt me- which makes me a total cow

serabi wrote:
    however he's more selfcontrol and would never hurt me- which makes me a total cow

pretty much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Stop beating yourself up, everyone has fights.

I'm of the opinion that it's not actually what happens or is said DURING a fight that tests a relationship, it's how you handle it after...

Everyone can get caught up in the heat of the moment and do/say something they regret...however, if you have the trust and strength of relationship with eachother to afterwards resolve the issues with discussion then there's nothing you wouldn't be able to resolve...Unfortunatly, with most things in life, I learnt this with the benefit of hindsight :)

Ah well, at least I know for the next one, but you can still learn from other peoples mistakes ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Some of the things I love most about my feller are the little annoying idiosyncrasies he has. They're just him, and I love him.

If you want to make a relationship to work in the long run you have to be patient, learn how to count to ten, and give allowances. Sometimes my bf is irrational, irritable and in a bad mood, and he just needs me to leave him alone for an hour or two, however he knows that when I'm feeling the same way a big hug will normally fix me.

The way I look at it, the rest of the world can be so annoying, cruel and head wrecking, don't you deserve to come home to some peace? (Major bad patches aside) Tell your partner what annoys you in a calm way, and ask them to please try not to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I haven't spoken to my girlfriend in two years.

It's not that we had a big row or anything,
    I'm just afraid to interrupt.

Advertisement