Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tool to go on promo tour of europe in Feb. minus adam

• 24-01-2006 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭

from toolband.com

TOOL PROMO TOUR

As it now stands, in a few weeks (mid-February) the members of the band (except for Adam) and their manager will be traveling to parts of Europe, England, Japan and Australia on a bit of a promo tour, meaning that they will be meeting with record company people and doing various interviews with the press in order to promote their new record and upcoming tours. Although any press releases are usually timed to coincide with the release of the record, there will undoubtedly be leaks, so those of you who scour the internet should be on the lookout around this time. As the others field questions and deal with promo issues abroad, Adam will remain in Los Angeles to direct the new Tool video.

at last a new album!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

give me a date ffs!#@!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

not so much news as yet more torture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

It's out March 31st isn't it?

I don't know why I've got that date in my head, I'm sure I read it somewhere recently but I could be way wrong.

While we're talking about tool, has anyone any idea what this song is or where it's from? My speakers are in serious distress at the moment.

Tool rehearsal? : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ZK1AFB1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sounds like a rough version of Lateralus towards the end. It's hard to tell with all the distortion. It sounds very familiar whatever it is.

Yeah, I recognise it but I don't if you get me.

I need to get some proper speakers on this PC.

• Advertisement

0utshined wrote:
    It's out March 31st isn't it?

I don't know why I've got that date in my head, I'm sure I read it somewhere recently but I could be way wrong.

don't toy with me like that *shake of fist*

TOOL are one of the first three acts to be confirmed for this year's Roskilde Festial, set to take place June 29 – July 2 in Roskilde, Denmark. Also scheduled to appear are FRANZ FERDINAND and KANYE WEST. More acts will be announced soon.

It was previously reported by Norwegian national TV channel TV2 that TOOL will play Norway's Quart festival in early July. Both the Roskilde and Quart performances are likely to be part of a European festival tour in the summer.

TOOL are currently in the mixing stage on their new album and are reportedly looking at an April or May release for the disc, their first since 2001's "Lateralus". A video directed by guitarist Adam Jones is also said to be in the works, with members of the band preparing to embark on an an international press tour for the new effort. More information will be made available soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Thats good news Hope they come to ireland for a gig when there touring Europe

according to toolband, their slot at Coachella is official, and they have finished mastering the new album. cue excitement.

anyone want to hazard a guess at a date?

march/april would probably slot in just nicely for them. slightly related news is that deftones' new album will be set for a spring release, with apparently 17 new songs (more then any deftones cd ever has had in the past)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

anyone want to hazard a guess at a date?

march/april would probably slot in just nicely for them. slightly related news is that deftones' new album will be set for a spring release, with apparently 17 new songs (more then any deftones cd ever has had in the past)
    Tool And the Deftoness.......YEARGH give me dates now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking in work earlier that there should be a Deftones album out soon. 17 songs would be great, I loved the last album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Cool. Is there any news of them playing ireland or will they tour europe this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

0utshined wrote:
    Yeah, I recognise it but I don't if you get me.

I need to get some proper speakers on this PC.
    It's definately [edit]towards[/edit] the end of Lateralus

Although there are lots of release dates being bandied about, NONE are official as of this posting. However, in all likelihood, the CD will be released sometime in MAY, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later. As soon as the date becomes official (or, as soon as I'm told that it's official) I will post it on the site, and then some of you can respond that it's old news.

now we have a few months to sit twiddling our thumbs rocking back and forth before this comes along and makes us cry :D

thankfully Kill is released on March 21, so that will hopefully keep me satisfied until new Tool is out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Not to mention the new In Flames album *circluting*...

toolband wrote:
    The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is.

excellent :D
    kerrang wrote:
    "We've all been listening to a lot of MESHUGGAH," admitted guitarist Adam Jones. "I see a lot of them in us and us in them, and they really have a very experimental prog side to them. I don't think it was like, 'Okay, right here were going to play like MESHUGGAH,' but more, 'Oh my God, that's come out a MESHUGGAH moment.'"

"We have the most retarded President we've ever had, and we're frustrated and that's the reason it's a little heavier this time," drummer Danny Carey told Kerrang! "That level of frustration back like when we first got the band together: we were products of that ****ing Reagan thing, we were pissed off and bummed out, we had that angst, and now it's coming forth again: like it or not, we're products of our environment. We're pissed off again."

"I think for me, and this is just personally, the last few years have really been crushing," singer Maynard James Keenan told Kerrang! "For me, as an artist, I needed to see on some level if speaking my mind would actually inspire people — you see the sky falling and you feel like you've got to say something. I think of prior TOOL albums 'AEnema' and 'Lateralus', lyrically, I had this idea of trying to share things and push some kind of higher purpose — enlightenment, this global consciousness thing — and everything that's going on nowadays has kind of left me a little disappointed, a little bummed.

"So I think on this album I've talked more about my personal stuff, things that I needed to get off my chest," he added. "It's a little cynical and it's almost like coming from a sad place. There's some hope in it, but it's more back to rock and roll basics, just expressing some very big sadness that's from the gut."

"This is our blues record, were singing the blues!" joked Carey.

"The difference is before, we had that young spunk and we thought we could actually say something and help people realize these things" continued Keenan. "But now, the anger is more of a frustrated anger, and me sitting back and going, 'Okay, I'm going to shut up now, I'm going to stop ranting and trying to be chicken little telling you that the sky is falling, I'm going to just let you guys get hit in the head.'"

They are touring europe too apparently, but not coming here -.-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I was offered two free tickets to see Tool in Paris in June but it's around my finals and I don't think I can go :(:(:(

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    I was offered two free tickets to see Tool in Paris in June but it's around my finals and I don't think I can go :(:(:(
    i'll take them off your hands :D

not if get em first! now we see who's prepared to kill a man to see Tool....

Arucard wrote:
    not if get em first! now we see who's prepared to kill a man to see Tool....
    my knife is already in my palm, sonny!

Advertisement