Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BACKLASH // Damian Lazarus(CROSSTOWN REBELS) This Thursday...

• 24-01-2006 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

header.gif

BACKLASH // Damian Lazarus & Jon Averill // Adm 10eu
    In association with Carbon Records, Mezzanine floor, Urban Outfitters Ph: (01) 677 6666

After months of chasing we've finally got Damian to agree to play in our cosy little basement
    party that we call Backlash, which we're very happy about as Mr Lazarus is without a doubt
    one of Europe’s most in demand DJs right now.

Its Damian's ability to pick up on emerging styles that saw him set up Crosstown Rebels, one
    of the most recognised labels in Europe and has released tracks by Kiki and Silversurfer, the
    Glimmer Twins, Hiem, Phonique, and many more.

Lazarus himself has released several successful mix CDs. In the early part of the 00s, he made
    his name with Futurism 1 and 2, receiving “Mix of the Year” accolades in several magazines.
    More recently he has released two “Rebel Futurism” mix CDs, showcasing some of the newest
    sounds around, and as ever, marking Damian out as being one step ahead of the pack.

Support comes from Backlash headboy & one of the countries most in demand DJs, Jon Averill
    who as well as supporting Damian has Tiga, M.A.N.D.Y, Micheal Mayer, DJ Sneak & 110th
    Street on his to do list.

We’re very excited about this gig since Damian has been involved with so many great projects
    over the last few years and it’s a rare chance to see him play in Dublin in a club with an intimate
    atmosphere and of course Backlash’s trademark crowd.
    Interest in this gig has been very high so get down to Wax EARLY this Thursday for Damian,
    the omens are good!

damian_lazarus.jpg

www.backlash.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Damian Lazarus interview:

Where do you live now?
    Islington, London

When did you first want to be a dj?
    I bought Technics 1210s and a Numark 1775 mixer when I was 14, but I couldn't mix and didn't realise there was a career in djing until much later.

What music were you into then?
    Mainly hip hop, electro, soul and funk. I then discovered house, hardcore and jungle whilst at college in '89.

Has music always been a part of your life?
    Yes, before working at record labels and djing I was a music journalist, I was the Assistant Editor and Music Editor at Dazed and Confused magazine between '93 and '96 and freelanced for other publications.

What were your favourite interviews?
    I did so many but I guess the special ones were meeting and interviewing KRS-One, Chuck D, India (from Masters At Work), Wyclef Jean, Photek and Mathiew Kassovitz, not forgetting the time I interviewed Gonzo from The Muppets.

How did you start working in the music industry?
    I was offered a consultant A&R job at London Records and later set up City Rockers with the same guy from London.

When did you set up Crosstown Rebels?
    In 2004. I left City Rockers with a plan to start out on my own. Now we have a small but efficient and enthusiastic team of people and an amazing family of artists.

When did you have your first real djing break?
    In 2002 at the City Rockers party. Bodyrockers, where I was a resident. I then got asked to play at the Sonar festival in Barcelona at Space in Ibiza.

What has happened since then?
    I have defined my sound, played some amazing parties and travelled the world with some incredible music.

Describe your sound now?
    Twisted, raw, deep underground techno, house and electro. Crazy future music that works just as well at peak times in large clubs as it does in the early hours in small spaces.

What does the future hold?
    Continuing to play records at some of the best parties around, releasing amazing music on Crosstown Rebels, working on music soundtracks for movies and generally enjoying life with a smile.

COMPETITION //

We've got 2 pairs of tickets to give away for This Thursday, to win em' just tell us this.
    What are records most commonly made from?

A: Lamp chops
    B: Vinyl
    C: Jeremy Paxman

Send your answers to: compactdisko@eircom.net
    priority will be given to Backlash subscribers so if your not
    already one pop over to www.backlash.ie (unblock pop-ups)
    & join via the subscribe pop up

Note winners must be in the venue by 12 Midnight at the latest.

www.backlash.ie/forum

Set Times For Tonight...

Jon Averill 11 - 12.30

Damian Lazarus 12.30 - Close

Advertisement