Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell a shotgun?

Options
  • 24-01-2006 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering what the correct procedure is to sell a shotgun. My brother is working abroad for a while and has asked me to sell his Lanber shotgun.

Where do you go to sell such an item. Im assuming you dont slap up an ad in your local corner shop window!!

Im assuming that selling it to a dealer would be the ideal??

Any help appreciated,
    Tx,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

yes selling to a dealer would probably be the easiest option but you can sell them in the buy and sell or stick an ad in a shooting magazine. I think its ok to sell to anyone as long as they hold a current licence for another firearm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I think its ok to sell to anyone as long as they hold a current licence for another firearm.
    I'm pretty sure it's only okay to sell it to someone with a licence for that particular gun, exactly the same as if they were buying it from a shop.

Also, if your brother has already gone overseas and left the gun in your possession, you should really have a licence for it too. If that's the case, it might be best to place it in storage with a gun dealer, as it's technically an offence to be in possession of a firearm for which you have no licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

good suggestions and points!...

Ok, someone recomend a gun dealer who will buy this! quick!
    Pref someone near Dublin and someone who isnt' going to rip me off. I have no idea about these things and as such, am in no position to bargain!

Cheers,
    Jab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

To be absolutely correct about this, you really should contact your local Garda station and ask them to transport it to a gunshop , explain that you want to sell it for your brother , they will be happy to help.. legally.

The local firearms officer will know the reputable gun dealers in your area.

You really don't want to be stopped while carrying a firearm that you don't hold a licence for . .. potential for much grief..!

Advertisement