Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surveyors

Options
  • 24-01-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good surveyor in the galway city area to inspect a second hand house I'm buying??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

or a consultant engineer can do the same thing .

There is a good one on the corner beside the Town Hall (exit town hall, court in front, old corner house to right) . Not cheap but spots show stoppers and gives a comprehensive report on findings .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

SB,
    Can you post/pm name?
    Cheers
    JC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

JackieChan wrote:
    SB,
    Can you post/pm name?

Mooney John & Associates
    Address: Lough Corrib hse
    Waterside Galway
    Phone: (091) 565623

There are others who are equally good of course so do ask around .

Then get quotes from them based on age and size of house to give you an idea of what you pays and gets for that .

Around this part of the country (South West), a good survey should cost €300 - €400, and for that I have seen engineers furnish very detailed 10 page reports. Can't imagine the Mid West being too different.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try www.scs.ie www.riai.ie and / or www.iei.ie for membership list and you should be able to search by county.

What is the purpose of you the inspectation? Bank valuation? Structure? General condition?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Just a general structural survey for my own piece of mind.

Advertisement