Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steven Adler, Formerly Of Guns N Roses Interview. Definitely Read This!

• 24-01-2006 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

On Metal Sludge they've got an extensive interview with former GnR drummer Adler. Even if you're not a GnR fan have a read, it's jaw-dropping at times.

Here's Part 1 and Part 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

I'm pretty sure the sex with Steven Tyler thing was that they both had different women ;);):D (before the tongues wag)

By the way.. here's a comment from Duff back in 1999....

MG: Talked to Steven Adler lately [original Guns drummer]? I know you're trying out new drummers, why not Adler?
    DM: I'd use him in a second, but he's another one of those guys that you know the phone call is gonna come … I mean, I hate to say that, because I love the guy, but I think he's back in jail now. Drugs … I saw him about two years ago -- Izzy, Wes and I went to his house. We tried to talk to him -- "Hey man, you're gonna die," we said. It didn't work. He was a mess. If I let him drum in my band, he'd fool himself into thinking he was OK because I was using him. I'd be what's called an "enabler." And I won't do that.

Steven's interviews always give a laugh, He is seriously messed up though, I wonder will he mention the infamous 'speedball' in part 3 of the interview, I seriously doubt he was capable of holding it all together for VR even if offered the chance, I'll get a look at him soon enough in Whelans though :)

He's always been my favourite gnr drummer however so I hope he can stay off drugs but I'm not so sure he can by the sounds of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Steve "The Legend" Adler.
    Matt Sorum = Can kiss my ass. Sorum, I’ll give him a five. Cause he don’t do nothing special. And I have nothing against him because he took my, you know, he was hired to do my job. But, it wasn’t his fault; you know it’s just a gig to him. But he ruined all those songs that I wrote, cause Use Your Illusion, me and Slash and Duff wrote all that ****ing ****.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

confetti wrote:
    He's always been my favourite gnr drummer however so I hope he can stay off drugs but I'm not so sure he can by the sounds of it

Doesn't look like it. Apparently he went on a bender and fired the entire band yesterday :(

Doctor J wrote:
    Doesn't look like it. Apparently he went on a bender and fired the entire band yesterday :(

oh sweet jesus no!!!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=47369

hopefully this is more crap...

just read part 3 of that interview...

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1139&Itemid=1

the guy is seriously messed up

goodbye whelans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Crap, I hope they haven't split up, I was gonna see them in 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It looks like he's imploded. I think you can forget that gig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

He's looking for a UK/Ireland based GnR tribute band to replace his Line-up for his tour you know. Anyone?

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...=1151&Itemid=42

apparently new line up has played in italy,

is there anyone going to the gig in whelans????

what the **** is going on, i don't know what to believe or expect

may as well turn up and get drunk i suppose

Advertisement