Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voyager

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I met someone recently who prefers Voyager to all other Star Trek shows and thinks Janeway is hot! Poor boy, doesn't know whether he's coming or going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I have met people who seem to prefer Voyager alright. I usually just assume they're either too young or stupid to realise that its little more than a shallow TNG rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Goodshape wrote:
    I have met people who seem to prefer Voyager alright. I usually just assume they're either too young or stupid to realise that its little more than a shallow TNG rip.

I absolutely agree that it was a TNG ripoff. I have no respect for a series which effectively emasculated the Borg, TNG's archvillains. They were overused in Voyager, mostly to revive flagging ratings during its days on UPN, and completely diluted their menace in doing so. By "Endgame", the Borg were mere nanoprobes of their former selves.

Haruspex wrote:
    I absolutely agree that it was a TNG ripoff. I have no respect for a series which effectively emasculated the Borg, TNG's archvillains. They were overused in Voyager, mostly to revive flagging ratings during its days on UPN, and completely diluted their menace in doing so. By "Endgame", the Borg were mere nanoprobes of their former selves.

Totally agree there. In TNG, it was "Agh, the Borg!", in Voyager "Sigh, the Borg...zzzzz". I never understood how the Borg who assimilated countless species (some significantly more advanced than the Federation) couldn't assimilate humans (or at least the humans/etc. on Voyager). I mean we're not that special as far as I can see but they still couldn't do it. Non-sensical, I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

... couldn't assimilate humans...
    Maybe they just didn't want to. Or just bad writing as mentioned already.

Anyway, going back to the beginning of Voyager, I absolutely hated the Kazon and everything to do with them. In fact, I think I hated Voyager right at the beginning and only watched it (sometimes) becasue it was a Star Trek. Most hated character I guess would have to be Nelix.
    toiletduck wrote:
    the fcuking irish holodeck program! ARGH!!!!!
    I only seen this episode recently for the first time. God it was terrible. Why oh why must all American TV shows do an 'Irish' episode at some point :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

yep, the irish episodes were ****e.

BUT, overall I still thought voyager was a legend of a show.

As was TNG and Enterprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

Lets see, the fact that the first two season's were in Kazon space(I am aware that this is because all of the money was used up on DS9, which was worth it) but come on two seasons or near enough to that of Kazon, Kazon, bloody Kazon. The Irish holoprogramge was a hate crime against the Irish nation.

The fact that Voyager ruined the Borg(something thats been mentioned more than once in this topic), like a friend of mine used to say, "Why dont the Borg just send two cubes after Voyager" which is true. =P

And yes the transwarp corridor right on Earth's door step does sort of beg the question why havent the Borg invaded Earth yet? It's not like they dont know its there or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Kazon were admittedly crap.

And yes, there were some little moments where you'd think..."how convenient".

But i think people are just nitpicking, on the whole i enjoyed a good 85 - 90 % of the episodes, and after all, its not meant to be real, so you dont have to go nuts at every little plot inconsistancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Voyager and DS9 were not written by the same people, as they ran at the same time. DS9 started first, so it probably had a better staff to start with. Ira Behr was the producer for DS9, and contributed in a major way to its success. When TNG ended, DS9 got Ron Moore and Rene Echevarria, two of the best Star Trak writers ever. VOY got Jeri Taylor, and was produced by Michael Piller, and they just weren't up to the same standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I liked voyager although kes and neelix were depressing to watch. I could never get into Ds9 for some reason, that bald fella that changes shape was annoying to the ears and the idea of a station instead of a ship never interested me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

ando wrote:
    I liked voyager although kes and neelix were depressing to watch.

That was one of the first reasons why I developed a dislike for Voyager - how the hell did that lad (who looked like a rat or some other hairy animal) land Kes, who was hot?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Kojak wrote:
    That was one of the first reasons why I developed a dislike for Voyager - how the hell did that lad (who looked like a rat or some other hairy animal) land Kes, who was hot?? :confused:

Cos he was a multi-talented paedophile, she was only four odd years old after all...

Multi-talented? Um, he could cook (badly) as far as I remember. That's not really multi-talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Dunners wrote:
    Cos he was a multi-talented paedophile, she was only four odd years old after all...

LOL!

Advertisement