Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results

Options
  • 24-01-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

When are the results out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Depends on the Department. I didn't get my Geography results until March last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

according to the notice on the door of our cs lab, the 16th feb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

For CS modules only I think. Last year the Maths Dept took forever to get them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

I hope I get everything except maths back soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

theology should be back pretty soon, the usualy are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Yahorse

theology should be back pretty soon, the usualy are.

I hear those papers are corrected by God himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Ya the prof said the music ones will be out in two weeks and not sure if anyone here's in 2nd music but just to let ye know 50% of the class failed Harmonic Analysis....and that's from the horses mouth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

Ah good oul Paddy Devine!? What, 50% failed?! jesus, i loved harmonic analysis! u arts r bmus? coz I know he used 2 set a different paper for each, but 2yrs ago there was a mix up and bmus sat the arts paper and he wasn't happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

I'm arts! No he set the same paper for us all this year! The 50% that passed were probably the BMus! lol

• Advertisement

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It all depends on the lecturer doesnt it?
    I got one of my resutls from a lecturer on Thurs, getting another one tomorrow. Technically the results aren't out til May, if you want a prosvisional result your lec should probably be able to give you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I'm arts! No he set the same paper for us all this year! The 50% that passed were probably the BMus! lol
    I wouldn't say it was totally BMus that passed although if all the BMus did pass that's good news for moi :D anyhow the 50% passing is better than last year. Last 75% of us failed harmonic analysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 loly

petals wrote:
    I wouldn't say it was totally BMus that passed although if all the BMus did pass that's good news for moi :D anyhow the 50% passing is better than last year. Last 75% of us failed harmonic analysis.

I'll never forget Paddy's orchestration paper last year though and all the fuss over that. Kinda funny looking back over it. I think he (Paddy obviously!) only told the 2nd years this year to have whatever amount of instruments as there are on a normal manuscript page. No need for the orchestration paper so.He didn't show how to orchestrate more than that...covering himself :D There was uproar over that last year. He had to give everyone higher marks!!! How did orchestration go this year??? Is what I heard right???

loly wrote:
    I'll never forget Paddy's orchestration paper last year though and all the fuss over that. Kinda funny looking back over it. I think he (Paddy obviously!) only told the 2nd years this year to have whatever amount of instruments as there are on a normal manuscript page. No need for the orchestration paper so.He didn't show how to orchestrate more than that...covering himself :D There was uproar over that last year. He had to give everyone higher marks!!! How did orchestration go this year??? Is what I heard right???

Orchestration was fine this year. There was orchestration paper given to everyone and we only had to do it for double woodwind, 4 horns and strings, others were optional. There's was loads of space on the orchestration paper for it. Twas grand really. I want my results now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hm
    *looks at 2004 orchestration and harmony paper*

looks alright. heh, cos I don't have to do it. :D

bluewolf wrote:
    hm
    *looks at 2004 orchestration and harmony paper*

looks alright. heh, cos I don't have to do it. :D

Harmony paper---as in Harmonic Analysis? Those things are just nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

petals wrote:
    Harmony paper---as in Harmonic Analysis? Those things are just nasty.
    Counterpoint and orch and keyboard writing. I haven't done orch before but the other two look ok, keyboard and figured bass stuff...

and paper 4 bach chorale and classical harmony looks grand too. god knows i did enough chorales in grade 8 theory to drum it into my brain forever :| and "write a piano accompaniment to this melody" stuff

Anyway I've not done music in uni

hope ya'll did well

We're only doind Classical Harmony this semester. Counterpoint was bad though cos there wasn't enough time to finish it. :mad:

• Advertisement

argh the music dept were getting their noticeboards clear today to put up our results I'm vaguely excited about getting these results. I'd say we'll have them by thursday at the lastest ooooohhh

i got them and passed yay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

For somebody who has no idea, what's the story with compensation? in first year doing music tech, did well in 2 out of 3 modules but royally fupped up one and got 25%, do i have to resit it in august?

Thank christ. Passed physics and CS \o/

I'd also like to know what the deal is with compensation.

Advertisement