Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This forum is dying. Let's get it off the Private list.

• 24-01-2006 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

so much to discuss and nobody even knows we are here I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Isn't it a pity that all the people who clamoured for it in the first place haven't bothered to post here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i think a sticky should be put up in satellite to inform people that there is a private forum for euro sat and to PM hager, i must admit i havnt got my finger out and posted a bit, but i havnt got around to ordering my receiver and dish i wanted for some channel browsing.

A sticky might be a good idea alright but it's not for me to suggest what should or shouldn't be in another forum.

Personally I'm in the process of selling and moving to a bigger apartment so my satellite activities are a bit curtailed at the moment. I'm not an expert anyway but I am enthusiastic. I do post from time to time on the other Sat forums but there are some really knowledgeable guys over there so I mostly just listen and learn.

I'm sure the traffic on the forum is being monitored by some mod and eventually the plug might be pulled. I am disappointed in the lack of support but that's boards for you.

Hagar wrote:
    A sticky might be a good idea alright but it's not for me to suggest what should or shouldn't be in another forum.

Personally I'm in the process of selling and moving to a bigger apartment so my satellite activities are a bit curtailed at the moment. I'm not an expert anyway but I am enthusiastic. I do post from time to time on the other Sat forums but there are some really knowledgeable guys over there so I mostly just listen and learn.

I'm sure the traffic on the forum is being monitored by some mod and eventually the plug might be pulled. I am disappointed in the lack of support but that's boards for you.

whats the excuse for these then :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=273
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=347

to name a few, i think alot of people need to know about this place, if its hidden its not handy.
    You could ask cloud to have the forum visable on the javascript menu but private, simular to the sex forum, or visable but password protected.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What about a small EuroSat icon with a link ot the board in question. This icon would be in peoples signatures, similar to other private forums.

But, interest in this type of thing is a rather niche market, and once queries are answered, you may not see anohter query until something breaks down or channel disappears.

And the "other stuff" cannot be discussed here anyway.

• Advertisement

Maybe I could buy some advertising space on the left cheek of Elisha's ass :D

Hagar wrote:
    Maybe I could buy some advertising space on the left cheek of Elisha's ass :D

you cheaky whore, btw we've gone public :D

Great news that. The crowd's will be massive.
    I'd better tidy the place up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just to let you know that the ad in your sig is working Hagar, never knew ye were here at all :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I have been pimping it around a bit :o but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

i have it in my sig also ;)

For some strange reason I never noticed that there were any words on your sig before...;)

Hagar wrote:
    For some strange reason I never noticed that there were any words on your sig before...;)

as long as you noticed elisha, thats all that matters ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

How long have yee been around? Was heavily into satellite about 2 years ago and there was no mention of this place.

We are only open for business for the last few weeks.
    Today has been a big day.
    We became a public forum (menu entry to follow)
    Sparky-s became our new mod.

Pal deserves a cyber-pint for starting this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

happy days.

our new home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Hagar wrote:
    Pal deserves a cyber-pint for starting this thread.

Less than three weeks later and the place is brisk, fair play to ye the forum is becoming more and more lively good to see well done! :)

I just got back from Italy this afternoon.
    You wouldn't believe the variety of stations you can get there with a set top aerial never mind a sat dish.

• Advertisement

for free aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

The Italians are mad into tv. just scroll through Hotbird and look at all the girly phone in stations they have.

Jeeze somebody must be keeping this crap going.

Advertisement