Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor GPRS on XDAi

• 24-01-2006 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi just wondering if anyone could help me, am trying to get my xdai (running windows 2003 final edition) to surf the net and send mms with meteor pay as you go. any ideas on how to input the settings and where exactly they go? quite different from programming my other phone..

many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

I'm having problems as well on an O2 XDA IIs. It connects to O2 Gprs with no problems at all, but now I'm trying to figure out if would be cheaper with meteor (both pay as you go). Here are the settings I have:
    Windows Mobile 2003 OS
    Name of connection: Meteor ISP
    Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Access Point Name: isp.mymeteor.ie
    User Name: my
    Password: isp
    Domain: "blank"
    Use server-assigned IP address on both TCP/IP and DNS

When I try to connect I get the following error message:
    Cannot Connect
    Dialed: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings. If the problem continues, reset your mobile device according to your manufacture's documentation and try again.

I've tried restarting but all I get is a different error:
    Cannot Connect
    Dialed: isp.mymeteor.ie
    The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings.

Any idea?

irishmark01, go to Start, Settings, Connections tab, Connections icon. In there you can create a new modem connection with the settings I said above. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

Stupid question :o
    You guys are using *99# as your dialup number, aren't you ?

Last year all this GPRS / ISP / Meteor / Bluetooth / iPAQ / T610 stuff nearly drove me nuts but it does work :)
    Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭edunon

Where am I supposed to enter the number?

All this pocketpc asks for is for Type of Modem, Access Point Name, User name and Password.

Probably is different than a standard phone. This is to connect to internet, no just wap. I'll have to go to a meteor shop as the phone support didn't help much...

Thanks for replying cb750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi just wondering if anyone could help me, am trying to get my xdai (running windows 2003 final edition) to surf the net and send mms with meteor pay as you go. any ideas on how to input the settings and where exactly they go? quite different from programming my other phone..

many thanks in advance

settings for Pocket PC Phone 2003 OS (hopefully not too different for second ed. OS...)

for MMS try this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260751

for ISP, making sure you are set-up for access to the isp.mymeteor.ie access point by Meteor support try the steps below

[other references: Operator Settings and Connectivity Questions]

Tap:
    Start Menu
    Settings item
    Connections tab
    Connections icon
    Advanced tab
    Select Networks button

Select My ISP from the top Drop Down List (if available) and tap the Edit... button, you are brought to the Modem Tab in Connection Settings

OR

If My ISP isn't available create it by tapping New... and entering in a name like My ISP, then tap the Modem Tab

Tap the New.. button

Connection Name: Meteor ISP GPRS
    Select Modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Tap Next...

Access point name: isp.mymeteor.ie
    Tap Next...

User name: my
    Password: isp
    Domain: (leave blank)
    Tap Finished...

You are brought back to the Modem tab in Connection Settings, if there is more than one connection make sure the connection you just created is selected (i.e. the radio button beside it is active)

Tap OK in the top left

Make sure that My ISP (or the new one you created) is selected in the top drop-down box

Tap OK in the top left again twice

Try connecting to the web with Pocket IE, e.g. to http://pdaportal.com or to a pop email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 irishmark01

i'll give some of that a try when i get back to my own comp.. many thanks y'all who contributed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Okay also point to note if you don't want any O2 Menu's etc you can opt for the corporate Install after a hard reset.

The code is 0502 AFAIK...

Also with the settings be aware that although Meteor say they support Wap 2.0 they dont it is wap 1.2

Check out XDA Developers :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewforum.php?f=37

Also you could opt for PUG's different ROM's look for the one with the Radio version 1.04 and the camera fix, this makes the camera much better and clearer.

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Alpine/O2_Roms__Camera_Fixed_Pug/

This also adds the new extended Bluetooth Keyboard Profiles and the A2DAP headset Profile

There will be a WM5 upgrade in the pipeline so keep your eyes open for it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 irishmark01

well i got it browsing the web, but mms is still giving me trouble.. oh well! i shud just bite the bullet and upgrade anyway

Advertisement