Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lynne Kresge

• 24-01-2006 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Right, she was played by the lovely Michelle Forbes (TNG, BSG, Prison Break, Alias) in season 2, IIRC. And she was a aide to President Palmer.

But whatever happened to her? I seem to recall someone pushed her off a balcony or something and that was the last we heard of her, or was it? If she's not dead, id love to see her back in season 5 at some point.

Aside: I see Forbes is credited as having appeared in RTE's Love is the Drug (which i didnt see). Did anyone catch this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Ya she was pushed by Mike, the President's aid or whatever he was. I always wondered did she live or not? If she did surely she would have identified Mike and he would have been arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tarren

Mike Novic didn't want her telling Palmer that the vice president was holding a secret meeting with the cabinet, he wound up pushing her over a rail near a stairwell and she wound up paralyzed or with some sort of neurological damage.

She tries to point at Mike when she's being taken away, but Mike takes her hand and nobody sees it. She's never heard from or spoken about again. I doubt Mike was found out, though. If Palmer knew, I'd say there'd have been a lot more friction between him and Mike in day 4.

The same thing happened to Behrooz in day 4 when he was handed over to Marwan's men. Although the deleted scenes suggest he was eventually rescued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

SofaKing wrote:
    Right, she was played by the lovely Michelle Forbes (TNG, BSG, Prison Break, Alias) in season 2, IIRC. And she was a aide to President Palmer.

But whatever happened to her? I seem to recall someone pushed her off a balcony or something and that was the last we heard of her, or was it? If she's not dead, id love to see her back in season 5 at some point.

Aside: I see Forbes is credited as having appeared in RTE's Love is the Drug (which i didnt see). Did anyone catch this?
    Jaysis... was she Tasha Yar from Star Trek? Never copped that was her (doesn't look the same without the yellow uniform and short blonde hair)...

Never liked her anyways so kinda glad she's out of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No, she played Lt. Ro Laren in TNG. Much better character than Tasha Yar.
    Anyways the reason in mention her is ive read some rumours she may be back, like Kim maybe) for a few episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

SofaKing wrote:
    Anyways the reason in mention her is ive read some rumours she may be back, like Kim maybe) for a few episodes.
    Ah yeh I remember her now :)

Now that you mention it how did I not make that connection in the first place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

SofaKing wrote:
    so shes doing a Den Watts from eastenders
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

steveland? wrote:
    Ah yeh I remember her now :)

Now that you mention it how did I not make that connection in the first place...

Maybe it was the nose :rolleyes: or uniform :p

Was thinkin how many star trek ppl gonna be in stargate thinkin was on stargate forum there for a sec :rolleyes: Ah well, jumped into all shows i watch, all need now is one in lost :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Hey I never realised she did the voice of Dr. Judith Mossman in Half-Life 2 as well. Isn't IMDB great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

satchmo wrote:
    Hey I never realised she did the voice of Dr. Judith Mossman in Half-Life 2 as well. Isn't IMDB great.

jesus that aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

She gets around alright.

She was Admiral Cain in the new Battlestar Galactica as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Tarren wrote:
    Mike Novic didn't want her telling Palmer that the vice president was holding a secret meeting with the cabinet, he wound up pushing her over a rail near a stairwell and she wound up paralyzed or with some sort of neurological damage.

She tries to point at Mike when she's being taken away, but Mike takes her hand and nobody sees it. She's never heard from or spoken about again. I doubt Mike was found out, though. If Palmer knew, I'd say there'd have been a lot more friction between him and Mike in day 4.

The same thing happened to Behrooz in day 4 when he was handed over to Marwan's men. Although the deleted scenes suggest he was eventually rescued.

It's always bugged me that this was never resolved. As much fun as her desperately pointing - and Mike taking her hand "caringly" and going, "Shh, Lynne, it'll be alright" - was, it still needed a throwaway line to tell us her final situation. Same with Behrooz as you say - that was irritating as well, and for the aired show appeared very sloppy and portrayed the characters as uncaring. I never got around to the deleted scenes on that, must have a look - I'm glad there's a suggestion of his rescue.

The Lynne thing was particularly irritating though, because it cast Mike in the role of villain long before his continued sneakiness was found out by Palmer. That sneakiness which favoured President Jim Robinson over Palmer caused President Palmer to oust Mike from his cabinet for Day 3. Later, in season four, Mike and Palmer work together again, with the differences of the past forgotten. But it always bothered me that Mike was never made to answer for what he did to Lynne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I like Mike,I think the actor and character are both very good. And he did seem very upset at what happened to Lynne,after all he didn't actually want it to happen,nor did he knock her over the stairs himself. However that whole event seemed a bit out of character for him.

I too hate when those kind of storylines are not followed up on,did Lynne die? Just one line would have done the trick. Also the Behrooz thing annoyed me no end. He was built up as a character,was in about half of the season,yet there was no mention of him at all. I have seen the deleted scene where he is rescued by Curtis,but I find it hard to see where that scene came from. You could say that is the reason it was deleted,but the scene itself would have needed several other scenes leading up to it for it to make sense...where were those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

tvnutz wrote:
    I have seen the deleted scene where he is rescued by Curtis,but I find it hard to see where that scene came from. You could say that is the reason it was deleted,but the scene itself would have needed several other scenes leading up to it for it to make sense...where were those?

Caught this last night, as well as a bunch of other s4 deleted scenes. You're right; the Curtis rescue comes out of nowhere, and it'd definitely have needed other lines of dialogue stating an attempt to rescue Behrooz was imminent. As it stands, it was likely cut for appearing so random and unsupported, but that suggests the writers didn't think Behrooz important enough to give a proper ending too. Think they made a fairly big mistake on that as it aired in the TV version. Viewers, particularly ardent fans, hate loose ends.

Advertisement