Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1900XT-X in stock at overclockers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

cheapest is 600euro but I'd say that'll drop soon.
    It would be interesting to see benchmarks of this vs. the 7800gtx 512mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it beats the GTX 512 across the board basically

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nah, Overclockers have the XT-X as In Stock... Second one down on the page

It's €684 without shipping though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

They got in certain XT's, XTX's and Xfire edition of the 1900's.. see the thread on forums....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Komplett have some in stock too I've noticed

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The XTX is only 25mhz faster than the XT on core clock and memory clock, but its €100 dearer

Its almost identical to the X1800XT, great in depth review here:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4477&page=1

Anyway it beats the 7800gtx 512mb, but only by a small bit, everyone thought it was going to savage it:D

At least its widely available unlike the 7800gtx 512

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

conzymaher wrote:
    The XTX is only 25mhz faster than the XT on core clock and memory clock, but its €100 dearer

Its almost identical to the X1800XT, great in depth review here:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4477&page=1

Anyway it beats the 7800gtx 512mb, but only by a small bit, everyone thought it was going to savage it:D

At least its widely available unlike the 7800gtx 512

The memory is clocked at 100 mhz faster though...

Am prob gonna pick one of these up this week for my new machine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

any benchmarks vs the gtx7800 512? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

7800gtx 512 has to fall in price n become avail.. I can see Nv tryin to get that new card out asap.. Doubt they like being second best after being first for so long..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nvidia's next card is due March I here. Asides they where not ahead that long. Just a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ahead since the 6800Ultra really, nearly a year.

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Any ideas when/if they'll release a card to replace the 6600GT? (a 7600GT perhaps?)
    I know they have a 7300GS, but it's a replacement for the 6200 series...

Card for card X800XT PE was at least equal to the 6800 Ultra and X850 XT PE probably ahead and that card was out before the 7800 series. Of course it had the added avantage of SLI which is a big thing but that came after the 6800 series.

Anyway card looks good enough but I don't think I could justify spending that sort of money on a graphics card any more but thats just me.

Azza wrote:
    Card for card X800XT PE was at least equal to the 6800 Ultra and X850 XT PE probably ahead and that card was out before the 7800 series. Of course it had the added avantage of SLI which is a big thing but that came after the 6800 series.

Anyway card looks good enough but I don't think I could justify spending that sort of money on a graphics card any more but thats just me.

The X800XT PE was defo not the equal of the 6800 Ultra (no SM2 support among other things), and the X850PE as impossible to get hold of, so I would defo say advantage Nvidia from 6800Ultra until now, and the release of the X1900 XTX

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But everybody bought 6800GTs anyway ;)
    Ah, Phantom Edition cards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I'm really impressed with the availability of these cards. Overclockers and Komplett still have plenty stocked. Great result for ATI.

Regarding benchmarks. It seems with 4*AA and 8*AF this card is unbeatable and totally out benches the Nvidia 7800 512.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/01/24/ati_radeon_x1900_heats_up_with_48_pixel_pipelines/

It's great that neither Nvidia nor ATI hold the top spot for very long though as the resulting price drop in the previous high end cards can only mean good things for us consumers.

Seems the X1900XTX has the single card crown alright, though it's more of a draw on the Multicard front.

I'd defo pick SLI and the NF4 chipset for a Multi-GPU platform, performance is the sam,e and mobo chipset streets ahead.

Inqui

Yeah 6800GT was the card to go for best bang for buck at time.

But the X800XT PE was the faster card over the 6800 Ultra when released. I seen them compared for myself and most benchies at the time put it slightly ahead. Very few games used shader model 3.0 back then (I remeber just Pacific Fighters and Far Cry and turning on sm 3.0 slowed the former down to unplayability and did nothing for Far Cry). Asides the Ultra was hard to get too but was never regarded as good value for money.Maybe its changed around since then but then the next gen cards would be a better bet.

ATI where hoping to have its new boards out to improve its motherboard performance but still another month or two away yet.

Advertisement