Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think age matter's?

• 24-01-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

I met this girl who is over in IRL for a couple of months and we get on great and have a laugh. We went to a party last week and i found what age she really was, which at the time i was shocked at. I told her it did'nt bother me and we have arranged to go out shortly, but the more i think about the more i seem to worry. I think i might just be nit picking at this and shoudn't really bother.

I will say i am older then her by 6 years.....what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

so youre 16 and shes 10??? ....dont go there man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Need to give ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

If she is over 18 dont worry about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

C_Breeze wrote:
    so youre 16 and shes 10???

Where are you getting that from?

roy16 = Roy Keane number 16 when he played for Manure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

HA, HA, im in my mid twenties and she is younger. But you wouldn't know it cause she it so mature for her age and im not just saying that either.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Ok, so C Breeze is taking the mickey, but there's a point!

If you're 22 & she's 16, then there's possibly room for problems,
    If you're 32 & she's 26, then there should be no problem there at all & you are just nit picking!

If you like her, forget about the age & go have some fun.

My ex was 9 years older than me & it was never a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fiobs

Yeah, depends on what age she is really. Once shes at least 19 or 20, I don't think its a big problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

9 years??! eeeeek!! Come on spill it!! :p

How old were you?! How old was he?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

once she is old enough to look after herself and of legal age of course...go for it!! are you going to tell us how old she is?? anyway my boyfriend is ALOT older than me and we are extremely happy.

fiobs wrote:
    Yeah, depends on what age she is really. Once shes at least 19 or 20, I don't think its a big problem :)

yeah , exactly .

is shes 19 its ok - 18 is pushin it , but still ok.

so how old is she? c'mon we need to know!! ...we're hardly gonna be able to track her down lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

AlienGav wrote:
    9 years??! eeeeek!! Come on spill it!! :p

How old were you?! How old was he?! ;)

When we started going out I was 20, he was 29, it lasted 5 very happy years & age was never an issue.

I actually ended it because HE was too immature & didn't want to grow up & have responsibilies.

I don't think eeeeek!!! comes into it at all.

It's all about maturity

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

actually hate to barge in on this but what do u think of a guy, lets say me going out wit an 18 year old, im twenty. Is there anything to worry about ??

weedhead wrote:
    actually hate to barge in on this but what do u think of a guy, lets say me going out wit an 18 year old, im twenty. Is there anything to worry about ??

youre a 20yr old guy goin out with an 18yr old chick ?!!? :eek: *sarcasm*

nothing wrong with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Once she's over the legal age and mature enough, and responsible enough to look after herself I don't see a major problem with a 6 year age gap, though personally being nearly 25 myself I wouldn't date someone younger that say 19, 18 is probably ok too, but I would be wary about it!!

wat is the legal age for a chick 17 or 18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

C_Breeze wrote:
    wat is the legal age for a chick 17 or 18?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

U need to give us the ages ere mate, if you both over 17 then there should not be a problem

Ok, Im in my mid twenties :p and she is 19.........I dont think anything to serious will happen its only a bit of fun. I know most blokes would jump at the chance to get there leg over, but believe me when i say i have more respect for woman and im not that type of bloke, even it never happened between us it wouldn't bother me........

ah youre grand ! ...get in there !

Thats what i thought. I'll have to wait though she gone to galway for a week part of her course she is doing for college (strange i know) and ive to go to scotland with work so its not to bad.

PS: L'pool for second place in the premier league......:p no probs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Roy16 wrote:
    Ok, Im in my mid twenties :p and she is 19.........I dont think anything to serious will happen its only a bit of fun. I know most blokes would jump at the chance to get there leg over, but believe me when i say i have more respect for woman and im not that type of bloke, even it never happened between us it wouldn't bother me........
    Wouldn't see a problem there mate!! Go for it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Roy16 wrote:

Just enjoy yourself, you sounds like a nice guy. So just see what happens, and the age seems fine, so just play it by ear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so how old is too old. i went out with a guy that was 32 years older than me, he was 53, i was 21. we got on like a house on fire. i think it's more about getting on with somebody, though you do have to be prepared for the baggage that someone who has lived more than double your lifetime will bring. what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

small wrote:
    so how old is too old.

:rolleyes: I think its up to the people themselves, so long as they're both happy (and no-one a cradle snatcher....i.e is an adult) I wouldn't agree with an 18 yr old seeing someone a lot older then themselves but i guess over 21 is generally mature enough to decide.

Roy16 wrote:
    No probs, she is 18+.
    I'm 20 and I've been with my boyfriend who is 30 since before my 20th birthday. No problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Doesn't sound like a problem. She's 19, just enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

id see no problems with the ages..if she has no problems with it nor you do..go for it! See how things go between ye..you never know!!
    Goodluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Age is only a number , it dosent mean anthing it is how you act matters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Well im 26 my bf is 20. Going out over a year and all going great. Age just a number, who cares aslong as your happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lifesucks

Im an 18 year old guy and was with a mid-30's year old guy. I felt he was too imature for me! He expected too much off me and was very demanding of me for my age. So the age factor totally affected us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

age is just a number! with 30 years between my parents they still had a long and happy marriage so i dont see the problem tbh! itd be different if you were both younger, because age is a bigger issue (maturity etc) in your teens but theres no problem, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

go for it, don't see any problem with your ages, best of luck,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

age matters **** all because so many people nowadays have personal issues that they can't develop as normal and a 25 year old may only be as mature as an 18 year old...its horrible but its true

Advertisement