Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What ya think fellow boardies?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

nice cinematography/grading.
    and not to take away from my point but carparks always look so damn sweet.
    just stop making zombie movies..too many of em..
    nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

moonboy wrote:
    nice cinematography/grading.
    and not to take away from my point but carparks always look so damn sweet.
    just stop making zombie movies..too many of em..
    nice one.

Cheers Everyone, But ya can never have too many zombie movies!! And besides this is an Irish Zombie flick too!!

We have just finished filming 2 hours, which is another of the set of 6 shorts, connected for this story, and it should be up on sat or sunday coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

Cheers Everyone, But ya can never have too many zombie movies!! And besides this is an Irish Zombie flick too!!

We have just finished filming 2 hours, which is another of the set of 6 shorts, connected for this story, and it should be up on sat or sunday coming!
    hello?
    dead meat? the film board greenlighted feature by conor mc mahon??
    plus ive seen at least 4 or 5 grad films with zombie things..
    good luck dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

moonboy wrote:
    hello?
    good luck dude

Boy Eats Girl too.

Everyone loves zombies but there are far too many films made with them now. They are a staple for student films. Also - there really wasn't anything about yours that set it out as an Irish zombie movie, was there? It could have been set anywhere, in any carpark.

Having said that it was fairly well put together. So well done.

moonboy wrote:
    hello?
    good luck dude

I Never said it was the only irish zombie move if you would like to check again, also is there only one gangster film out there? Is ther only one action film out there...i think not. Also there is a story attached to our one to put an irish slant on it and it will be revealed as the other shorts are made..patience patience!

Also We are not college students making the film, we all have expertise in Television and film production, and the point of the shorts is also to show that stuff can be done with no budget and using cameras and editing software at home.:)

even if people think there are too many zombie movies, does the fact that there are loads being made not say something? it says that they are popular and always will be, and the large amount of hits and downloads of our video on the first few days prove's this again. If the story line is good thats all that matters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Fair play.

All you've got to do now is prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Its good, editing and visual effects are well done, for something put together in 4 hours it really is an excellent showcase of your groups abilities to get stuff done (i've seen people take a week to get the same amount of work done.)

if i had one gripe, its something someone mentioned up above...which is the sound.

First the music weakens the work you did yourself by using a commercial group.

Secondly it weakened the film itself as it wasnt needed, I dont know if it was in the song (dont listen to aphex twins) but i assume the interference sounds were your own. More of that and natural sounds (footsteps, the sound of the zombies, blood, the lights etc) create a better atmosphere and show of your ability in sound editing aswell.

Apart from that showcase your editing and camerawork some more and i doubt you will have any problem getting hired.

thanks blitz, i already am working in the industry, along with the other guys, so this is just a bit of craic and fun really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just throwing in another "nice job well done". Loved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 smack_monkey

That was cool, and thoroughly impressive for four hours work start to finish. Your collective experience shines through. Reminded me of the Dawn of the Dead remake as opposed to 28 Days Later. Gotta love zombies.

Can I ask if you graded much? Or was a lot of the look due to the lighting in the car park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Just wondering if you have the link for this anywhere else?
    Sounds like it's a good watch :)

Thanks for all the positive comments, we graded it a fair bit using Colour corector in Avid xpress and also using the deinterlace filter.

it can be seen low res at http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=66848&cdate=20030124&ctime=003148

and also part 2 of the series has been filmed and rough edited, although both myself and the co producer are up to our necks in work at the moment so we havent finished it yet. Coming soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nubbintom

Thats pretty cool, looks very good what you shoot on?

Canon xl1 nubbintom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Nice work. I can't believe ye did it in 4 hours. Moves at a nice fast pace too. I look forward to seeing the rest of the shorts.

Advertisement