Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal getting desperate for a cup this year

• 24-01-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭

Looks like Henry is going to make his 1st appearance in the Carling Cup tonight in 6 years.

They must really want to win something this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

God this is getting tiring.

Personally id taken henry's words over "reports" anyday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

jank wrote:
    God this is getting tiring.

Personally id taken henry's words over "reports" anyday..

Me too. The problem is his latest comments on his future appear to be at odds with his previous statement on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trampas wrote:
    Looks like Henry is going to make his 1st appearance in the Carling Cup tonight in 6 years.

:eek: i had no idea. im not complaining just never knew of this fact.

i notice this year(maybe it was around before) that there is a carling cup brightest talent award. rossi has been mentioned with a few times. how would people feel about a whole new approach to the carling cup by promoting it as a showcase for young talent?

i have enjoyed united in the carling cup this year. this year we appear to have a wealth of underage talent and its nice to see how they are shaping up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya but it is in "The Sun" Jank so it is time to accept it.....

He is hardly trying to force Arsenal to pay him more money by any chance.

In fairness to him with the youth & potential Arsenal have coming through I think he would be better staying.
    Madrid are as bad as Bolton with all the vintage players.

• Advertisement

yop wrote:

He is hardly trying to force Arsenal to pay him more money by any chance.

He did say that money would not be the deciding factor on his future but who Knows what he will do. I don't think he knows himself yet . It was about this time every year that the annual Viera to Real stories used to surface. Perhaps they have found a new target for the same old story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

The Muppet wrote:
    It was about this time every year that the annual Viera to Real stories used to surface. Perhaps they have found a new target for the same old story.

erm do you not think thats a bad example? He went to Juve I know but there was definitely substance in some of the Viera rumours. In hindsight him talking to Real probably did happen.

Henry is arguably the best striker in the world, do you think he's going to hang around arsenal while he's in his prime and could be playing for (arguably!) the best team in Europe if not the world? There's definitely substance to the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Gegerty wrote:
    erm do you not think thats a bad example? He went to Juve I know but there was definitely substance in some of the Viera rumours. In hindsight him talking to Real probably did happen.

Henry is arguably the best striker in the world, do you think he's going to hang around arsenal while he's in his prime and could be playing for (arguably!) the best team in Europe if not the world? There's definitely substance to the rumours.

You are aware that Arsenal chose to sell Vieira (pack of idiots)? Few weeks ago Henry says he is willing to commit his future to Arsenal. People joke as soon as Arsenal lose again the stories in the papers will be back... and what a suprise when it happened. Forget what the papers say, whenever they get anything right it's only because they print so much crap some of it has to be right sometimes.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If I was Henry I'd only stay if Arsenal finished top 4 and was given assurances that BIG players would be signed in the summer. Unless the club make immediate (as opposed to long term) genuine statements of ambition, he could find himself dragging a shíte team along by the collar for the best years of career, while the club reap the benefits and plow them into young players who will only make an impact long after he is gone. Or he could go to Barcelona, help them (continue to) dominate La Liga, play incredible football, get the WPOTY/Ballon d'Or that he deserves and win loads of trophies.

Of course he'd have to uproot his family (English wife + young baby), but that wouldn't be a factor according to some people.

And as for him starting in the Carling Cup, why not? He hasn't played that much this season, Arsenal are one match away from a cup final, and are out of the league race.

Gegerty wrote:

It happened last year , it diidn't happen the previous three or four years the story appeared , it became a bit of an annual joke on this forum so no I do not think it was a bad example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Trampas wrote:
    They must really want to win something this year

Eh winning **** is winning **** regardless of what it ids tell the fans at any final they are at that its meaningless and counts for nothing and wearing thei colours and having a cracking day is pointless.

Seems to be only meaningless in one country :rolleyes:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

how would people feel about a whole new approach to the carling cup by promoting it as a showcase for young talent?

No, because theres youth and under-age competitions for that exact reason. If that was the case they may as well have an U21 only rule.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And as for him starting in the Carling Cup, why not? He hasn't played that much this season, Arsenal are one match away from a cup final, and are out of the league race.

They are out of the league cup now aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Word to wise Theirry go to the best team in Europe, plus Barcelona is alot better than London.

Aquos76 wrote:
    They are out of the league cup now aswell.
    Really? I hadn't realised :rolleyes:

Willem D wrote:
    Word to wise Theirry go to the best team in Europe, plus Barcelona is alot better than London.
    Yay on the first part, nay on the second!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Really? I hadn't realised :rolleyes:

Ah a bit touchy are we....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I love watching Arsenal suck more than Man U.

Advertisement