Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorhelp finance

Options
  • 24-01-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever dealth with a finance company called motorhelp.co.uk
    I got a call today from them asking me if i wanted them to provide finance to a buyer but i have to pay the finance company €117 upfront by credit card

Is this a scam??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I've heard of these here and other places before and they all seem to be definite scams. God knows where your credit card details end up as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sounds very suss

You have to be licensed in order to provide finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Sounds like it to me, just like the ones that ring you up offering to find dozens of buyers for your car, but also need money upfront via credit card.

Just Google for 'motorhelp' and I'm sure you'll find plenty of dirt ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Well i can give them my 3v credit number,buy the exact amount of credit i need give them the number so i WILL only be getting the amount credit they need

Alun wrote:
    Sounds like it to me, just like the ones that ring you up offering to find dozens of buyers for your car, but also need money upfront via credit card.

Just Google for 'motorhelp' and I'm sure you'll find plenty of dirt ...

This is what she did,she called me,told me that their was interest in my car in my area(shes in the uk with the accent)but my number is on the site so why would the potential buyer call me first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Are you selling your car, and they are asking you about credit for someone else or what?

eoin_s wrote:
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Are you selling your car, and they are asking you about credit for someone else or what?

Yes im selling http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054879673

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is is also on Carzone or CBG or something so they got your email address?

Not that it really matters though - sounds very much like a scam to me. Why on earth would you pay to get someone else finance?

I just went to motorhelp.co.uk, and it looks like a portal rather than an actual finance company in it's own right. Would not touch with a barge pole.

Yea i have it on donedeal.ie thats where she got my number ok
    Sounds very suspect,think i will give it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Yah, just had a call from these fellas myself. All sounded like a good service, until he required upfront registration fee of €117, and the alarm bells started going off. Of course, this fee is refundable when they close the deal, for full asking price. I told him that if he gets me full asking price, I would be quite happy to pay the €117 at that stage, and you can keep it. Unfortunately the fee has to be paid now.

He asks if I have the internet, I said I do and I am looking you up as we speak :D . Good job he wasn't looking at what I was looking at, particularly the 'Mirror Investigates' page.....

I told him to ring me back later on, so I am delightfully going to tell 'Ian' (if that's his real name) that he should do himself and everyone else a favour and go out and get a proper job.... :D

Am also going to point out why on earth would an Irish buyer in Kilcock, and another in Kildare, be seeking to purchase and finance a car through a UK company, for a car based 20 mins around the M50 from them :confused:

Wasters. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement