Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell downloads with PayPal

Options
  • 24-01-2006 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has sold downloads using paypal and possibly knows where i can get a free script to do this.

The site is for a friend of mine, cheap*** isn;t willing to pay the $10 or so for scripts already wrote out there.

Any ideas appreciated!

Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah paypal recommend third party apps.....

Looking for something that someone else has developed.... not lookin to reinvent the wheel....

Tom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just use oscommerce and mod it a tincy bit such as this one ( www.analoguemindfield.com/shop/ ) works grand with paypal and all the downloads are automated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

payloadz.com but I think they charge commision

pwd wrote:
    payloadz.com but I think they charge commision

Payloadz charge after the first $100.

Moding it a "tincy bit" is where I was hoping someone would already have a script done to save me spending time on it! :)

• Advertisement

osCommerce ships with the download feature with it, all you have to is tick a check box, setup some variables and upload the files to be downloaded to a folder

when i said modding i meant changing the layout of the store so it doesnt look "out of the box" so to speak, so you'll have to get your hands dirty (its not that difficult anyways) and your going to get charged by anyone processing payments and if a low volume of sales is expected i'd personally recommend using Paypal

miju wrote:
    osCommerce ships with the download feature with it, all you have to is tick a check box, setup some variables and upload the files to be downloaded to a folder

when i said modding i meant changing the layout of the store so it doesnt look "out of the box" so to speak, so you'll have to get your hands dirty (its not that difficult anyways) and your going to get charged by anyone processing payments and if a low volume of sales is expected i'd personally recommend using Paypal

Thanks miju - i couldn't find anything about downloads on Paypal - do you know where it is????? Really appreciate help so far!

Thanks
    Tom

when you install osCommerce you go to the admin section and in the side menu you'll see download simply check enable download there

once thats done anything you want to be downloadable you have to add a "product attribute" including the full file name (make sure the file is in the download folder otherwise it wont work)

sorry man - i didnt realise you said oscommerce!! I thought you were talking about paypal!

It's not worth installing osCommerce for as it's only one product. But thanks anyway!

Tom

Advertisement