Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland customer service gone to the dogs

Options
  • 24-01-2006 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone else had problems with BT Ireland customer service over the last month. I'm after convincing my girlfriends father he could get a better deal on telephone calls and broadband access if he changed to BT. Only problem is that they are overcharging us and I cannot get through to their customer support department.

Phone always dials out and an email I dispatched to them 8 days ago has gone unanswered. So has the subsequent complaint I sent yesterday about lack of service. Adding insult to injury, they never processed the original direct debit so treatened to cut him off last week unless payment was received.

Has anyone else had problems with their support department recently?

Ta,
    JP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Recently? Try always. Their callback service rarely calls back as well. complaints@btireland.com worked a treat for me, if you're not getting any joy there I don't really know what you can do. I was with them years ago and was getting billing problems and eventually I just cancelled the direct debit and moved elsewhere. Foolishly I've come back entised by their cheap broadband deal....it was a bad move I'm dreading the next time I have any problems :(

Have a look at the broadband board, I think they're collating complaints against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I have a problem in that they charged 130 euro out of my boyfriends account and haven't paid it back yet!!

They "sent the wrong bill" or some other bollix before christmas, when he rang they said they'd put it back in his account but they never did!

Then they said they "oh no we couldn't possibly put that back in your account blah blah blah whoever told you that made a mistake etc" and said they'd put it on his credit card.

They never did that either.
    He rang again today and after being kept on hold for two and a half hours they said "oh that'll take a few weeks". They say the mangers reject it or something and he "might" get it back in a few weeks or else he won't get it back til March!!!

I don't believe for one ****ing minute that they can't just put the money back in the account. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A friend of mine got a nasty letter saying that he would be cut off if he didn't pay a 400 euro bill!!
    He'd never received said bill.
    Thank god he didn't have a standing order otherwise they would have probably just taken the money.

Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Their billing dept are a shower of idiots. Having signed up for their broadband + line rental package for €40 per month last October you could imagine my dismay that my credit card had been debited €137.55 from my card two months later.

And getting through to their call centre isn't the easiest thing either. On hold for almost an hour finally got talking to a human (debatable???) maybe sub-human neandertal man whose nuckles are still dragging along scraping the floor, who told me of some accounting error on their side blah blah blah, wouldn't be able to put it back more blah blah blah. Told me it would be credited off my next bill, so blah blah.

A load of sh1te but said to hell the next bill will be small (hopefully? due next week)

But I asked him about the bill online crap that they have and why don't they email the bills out to the customers before they take the money out of your account. His answer was priceless. "We have thousands of customers, do you know how long it would take to email them all out individually?"

Now there was me thinking that I'd signed up with a leading technology firm. I was like "Here's an idea, GET A FúCKING COMPUTER TO DO IT." Morons, complete morons.

The reason i'm still with bt is that i've had the broadband for 18mths now and it hasn't once failed me. But by jasus they'd do your head in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

KeithMur wrote:
    But I asked him about the bill online crap that they have and why don't they email the bills out to the customers before they take the money out of your account. His answer was priceless. "We have thousands of customers, do you know how long it would take to email them all out individually?"
    LOL, clueless cnut. You should send that off to someone in BT UK, they'd all piss themselves at the Oirish fellas runnin' de Oirish outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

BT Ireland customer service???? I'll break this gently to you - There is none :eek: :eek:
    All I can say is that they are a pile of cupid stunts

I have had problems with them on a couple of ocassions in the past and when I could not get any further with them I contacted COMREG. Then they sat up and took notice of the fact that they overchaged me continually. So my advice would be to contact COMREG but do try sorting it out with BT Ireland in the first instance.

Got a couple of checks from them for their indiscretions. AFAIK they will not transfer money back to a persons bank account

I rang in a few months ago and the nice little girl on the other end reckoned that I had insulted her (because I questioned everything she said and then asked for a supervisor). So I told her she would be better off working in a morgue as the customers there didn't answer back :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement