Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibly bad news for Arsenal Fans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

ARSENAL striker Thierry Henry has reached a verbal agreement with Barcelona to join the Spain champion next season, Catalonian newspaper Sport reports.

The headline read: "Henry will come in July," and the Barcelona-based newspaper added there was a "90 per cent chance that Henry would be wearing Barcelona colours next season".

Henry's move, according to the paper, was based on Barcelona having the squad to win the European Cup, the only major title to have eluded him.

The paper emphasised that neither Henry nor Barcelona would make the news official (before the end of the season) and that the player would continue to negotiate a contract extension at Arsenal.
    http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,17931565%255E23215,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Interesting considering he has just come out and said that he wants to stay. I dont know whether to believe those reports or not tbh

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Kingp35 wrote:
    Interesting considering he has just come out and said that he wants to stay. I dont know whether to believe those reports or not tbh

I guess only time will tell...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well after Gerards situation last year where he was almost definately joining Chelsea you can belive naught until it actually happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

yup, look at Stevie Gerrard in the Summer, in a way i hope he goes but another he stays. If he goes, the Arsenal will crumble over time and Liverpool and United will be the only strong enough to compete with Chelsea but then again it would be a great move for him to go to Barca

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It has to be tempting, at the moment Barca have to be one of the most exciting teams to play for so you would not blame him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a load of bollocks imo

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mossy Monk wrote:
    a load of bollocks imo

You hope mossy.

No smoke without fire if you ask me. A player of his quality will not stay around waiting for all those young players to mature into a world class side which I dont think Arsenal will ever be. Where as Barca on the other hand, there in a dirrerent class.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That article is a load of bollocks. I'm not saying he will stay (if I was in his position, I would be considering leaving), but that article is pure speculation.

90% certain he will join Barcelona! He'll continue negotiating a contract with Arsenal, so they won't expect him to walk out on the club in the summer! Oh wait, he can't - he's under contract until 2007. Arsenal may not be in a strong bargaining position next summer but saying a player is 90% certain to leave a club without their knowledge when they'll still have him under contract... seriously.

Why not 95%? 81%? 87.25%?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How do you get a figure 90%? I always wondered that.
    I'd say this is not without basis.

I'd imagine it is the following situation.
    Henry is worried Arsenal might not get CL qualification, and wants to keep Barca interest and not moving onto someone else.
    If Arsenal get into the CL, he will stay, if not, he will go. However once he becomes availible, what top club in the world won't bid for him?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd say the possibility of him leaving is very real, but i'd also say that the article in question is pure horse manure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

IMO, Arsenal's time at the pinnacle of football in England has come to an end and they won't return to it until their current crop of youngsters matures - and even then it's a gamble and he will be too old. It would make sense for him on a personal level to experience football in currently the best league in Europe.

Plus I'm a United fan so would love to see him go. :rolleyes:

Advertisement