Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Romantic Restaurant in Dublin?

• 24-01-2006 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm taking my boyf out next week for a special occasion, and would like to go to a semi quiet, moderately expensive posh restaurant. I want to get all dolled up!

Can you recommend a nice place?

Any type of food (well except for Italian)

Thanks a million! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

what budget?
    what city?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Oh i totally forgot to put that in... :o:o

In Dublin please preferabley in the City Centre.

and budget would be approx €100 - €150 for the whole shebang (starters, mains, desert and bottle of wine and probably a couple irish coffees or the like!)

Thanks! ;)

oh MiCrO i just saw that i actually did put Dublin in the heading!..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

This place has a lovely nice restaurant! ;)

And it's on the beach too, so u can have a paddle in the ice cold water! :D

And!!!!!!! book a hotel room, incase things get a lil steamy! ;):p

http://www.whitesandshotel.ie/gallery.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

El Bahia is a very nice one.

What's wrong with Italian food? Da Vincenzos on Leeson street is a very nice romantic Italian restaurant.

• Advertisement

Thanks AlienGav, that looks like a lovely hotel and food looks good too but.... Portmarnock is too far out, would like to be city centre for both dinner and then go to a club or something and then hotel! Def will be bookin a hotel!
    But u got me thinkin that its a nice idea for the dinner to be in the hotel...

and thanks Monkeyfudge, i've heard about that place too, gets good reviews alright. Oh and I'm really just not into Italian, i love the salads and all but i'm just not into the whole pasta thing....

Ta!

Any more recommends??! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Pearl Brasserie is spot on. Quiet, romantic, superb food and service and should come in around €100 to €150 depending on how much you spend on wine.

Advertisement