Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dying hair from jet black to blonde

• 24-01-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

is this possible? temporary or permanent colouring

and if it is, what product is best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Go to a hairdresser's for such a drastic change, especially from dark to blonde. Otherwise chances are you'll end up with orange hair that's turned into straw in the process. Home colourants are generally harsher than hairdresser's ones.

PS Love the sig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

thnx for the advice, i dont wanna end up looking like Worsel Gumig, thats for sure.

brets a legend

PS i'm fine, how are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

You really have to get that sort of job done professionally.
    And whatever you do, make sure your eyebrows match your hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My little sister went from very dark brown to blonde using one of the L'Oreal ones I think. It was terrible at first, very yellow, but she's layered the colour a bit more now and it's cool, very Scarlett Johansson. So it can be done, but yeah, it probably is best to go to a hairdresser about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

your hair is going to die, a lot.
    Do it in gradual steps unles you want a scarekrow head, seriously, or else get it really professionaly done, big bucks though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

I've done this, I'm naturally dark blonde but decided for about 6 years to go very dark. Last year I wanted to go back, it took about 3 months to find a hair dressers willing to strip the dark out of my hair... you gotta be super careful and i'd so not recommend a home job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i know a gilr who did it in one go she was actually a hairdresser herself. If your going to blonde all over it will be very harsh on your hair as your going to have to get it stripped first. The others are right its best to get a professional job or if you can get it done in stages ie introducing more blond gradually so its not as harsh. another girl i know did it thi sway and it worked out much better it also wasnt such a drastic change so she got used to it. You dont want to go totally blond and then realise you dont like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

just so ya know once ya go light you have to get roots done every four weeks depending on how fast/slow ur hair grows.... its high maintenance [but so worth it, Go Blondes!!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i want to go white blonde (think gwen stefani) but i have medium brown hair. will this totally ruin my hair?? and how do i do it? cant really afford the whole go gradually with a hairdresser thing, and i dont want it to look natural. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

get a couple of packs of plantnium blonde dye, and some VERY intensive conditioner, and do the bleaching over a couple of weeks, you'll have to take very good care of your hair though for ages after, conditioning treatments and stuff cuz the bleach especially in lighter colours, kills your hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Azureus wrote:
    i want to go white blonde (think gwen stefani) but i have medium brown hair. will this totally ruin my hair?? and how do i do it? cant really afford the whole go gradually with a hairdresser thing, and i dont want it to look natural. any ideas?

It depends on your hair type, what you use and how you do it.. remember that brown hair will go red then orange then yellow then blond before it goes white and you will probably need to tone it after it's been lightened too.

The thing to remember is that if you screw it up, your hair won't just go like straw, it can also turn to jelly and just "slime" off your head.

I'd really recommend visiting a hairdresser for at least a consultation before you start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Get it done professionally. My hair is dark as the night and in the folly of my youth, I tried it myself once and it came out orange. :D Not quite the look I was aspiring towards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

daiixi wrote:
    The thing to remember is that if you screw it up, your hair won't just go like straw, it can also turn to jelly and just "slime" off your head

REALLY?!?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

God, for something that drastic would a wig not make more sense?

A cheap one might give you a better idea of what the end result would be, a quality one could end up cheaper than dying in the long run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweety4uall

is this possible? temporary or permanent colouring

and if it is, what product is best?
    i was very blonde,dyed it myself using a bleach u buy in boots,turned out great.spent years with it but got sick of doin the roots.now im dark brown also dyed by me.found a colour especialy to use over bleach,looks great.maybe im just lucky,but ill leave it up to u.good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cheekyass

I trained at peter marks and am a qualified colourist (although I dont work in that field anymore) so this is just my opinion based on experience.
    If your hair is coloured and you want to go blonde you will probably need to have your hair stripped first,this process can be very damaging. YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY, its your only option to be honest as your hair is probably already weakened from previously colours (which increases the risk of your hair "turning to slime" as someone else put!). Your hair falling out is a possibility if its not done properly...ive seen it happen! have a talk with your hairdresser so your hair's condition can be assessed to reduce the risk!

Best if luck

Advertisement