Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer forum again

Options
  • 24-01-2006 5:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

got banned today,
    i deserved to get banned but i believe the mods are being unfair i reacted to an offence which was also against the charter but the mod and the guy who made the statement are from the same area or some rubbish like that.
    I really don't think that one of the most active forums on the site should be run by someone so inept and well there are other words that i won't bother with.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

BUH?!

Although I don't quite understand what you are saying you are also saying that you "deserved to get banned" but then you say that "the mods are being unfair".

Also calling the mod inept isn't a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No please do bother.

I for one look forward to this kind of healthy debate.

You reacted to a goading statement. It was not in breach of the charter, you are banned and now you have come here to fight the good fight on the feedback forum. Well enjoy yourself.

Just an FYI, i am no friend of the poster who made an alleged (but as yet unreported, or at least it was not when I last checked a few minutes ago) breach of the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Hey I got banned from the Soccer forum for a week for bad mouthing Gary Neville which I also think is unfair but the mods gotta do what the mods gotta do.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, my scouse girlfriend found that dole queue jibe offensive but i didn't bother reporting it as i thought it would have been nuked pretty quickly.

I'll report it now but you've already said you don't find it offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The mod on that forum does a good job IMO its tough enough forum to mod and people should realise this. I actually feel sorry for the mod , he cant get involved in any heated debate on the forum and has be so mutual when it comes to bans.

Good job T4F keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

my problem not that i was banned but where i was banned someone else shuold of also.
    Gordon say what you want but if you read it properly you would know thats what my complaint was.
    it is against the charter it does say something along the lines of "abuse against groups of fans" in their so you really have no choice.
    and they are inept, its not my fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You were going on about people deserving to die alone and things like that...all of which made you look a but silly to be honest mate.

Fair enough you hate Man Utd and their fans, but maybe you can show that a little more subtley.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ok this is the last time i say this but i'm not complaining about me being banned.

Fair enough. The Soccer Forum is a tricky one to mod, it's akin to premiership refereeing where people shout for consistency all the time - but some incidents, while they may be under the umbrella of the charter guidelines, are more serious than others. I think it just has to be up to the discretion of the mods, some times you get away with it sometimes you don't. Sometimes it's fair sometimes it's not. It evens itself out in the end though.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Your gas, how what was posted is any where near what you have been posting over the last god knows, so I decided to be childish and was bored and came up with some examples.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50735988&postcount=66
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50745066&postcount=104
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50702872&postcount=111
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50708076&postcount=46
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50699541&postcount=81

With the amount of insults you throw at people you are doing well to be any where near boards.

You are a mod, you should know better than to dis another mod, grow up for gods sake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mayordenis wrote:
    ok this is the last time i say this but i'm not complaining about me being banned.

OK your problem is with the mod, so why not take your argument to the mod forum because IMO you are lucky to still be an active member on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The mod forum is a private forum that only moderators can post on.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Stark wrote:
    The mod forum is a private forum that only moderators can post on.

Yes, and he is a mod isnt he and his problem is with a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

fade2black wrote:
    You were going on about people deserving to die alone and things like that...all of which made you look a but silly to be honest mate.

Fair enough you hate Man Utd and their fans, but maybe you can show that a little more subtley.

What is it about that forum that causes braindeath seconds after entry?

rsynnott wrote:
    What is it about that forum that causes braindeath seconds after entry?

You're going to have to reiterate, making your point a little clearer. Who are you calling braindead?

Nearly every thread in feedback about the soccer forum concerns otherwise perfectly sensible people who've said very, very silly things on the soccer forum.

You'd have to be a soccer fan to understand. Best not to darken its doors if your skin is not thick enough in my opinion.

I've never visited the offending forum myself; I only see the enraged banned people :)

They're all as mad as a bag of spanners in there.

The biggest enemy to the soccer forum are those supporters who are not able to see reason, not able to give credit where it's due and can't seem to get those rose tinted spectacles off their heads. I have stated on a number of occasions that I absolutely hate Liverpool fans, now this is not entirely true becuase 95% of my real life friends who are Liverpool fans are gracious in defeat, humble (within reason) in victory, and fair when it comes to crediting other teams. Unfortunately many of the lads on the soccer forum, Mayordennis especially (who's a grand lad without his spectacles on) and many others (including Man United fans) just get so annoying when they
    • Can't accept defeat.
    • Can't accept that they're ever wrong.
    • Can't accept that there are other teams out there who have also achieved things.
    • Can't forget things that happened, in most cases, when they weren't even born.
    • Can't think before they open their mouths...or in this case extend their fingers.

Interestingly some of the "nastier" arguments I've been involved in on the said forum have been with fellow Man U fans.

I have not said that I don't find it offensive, just that I did not think it was offensive. I am not from Liverpool but I do go to all of the home games. I was not aware that this was some nature of racial stereotype. Then ruggie my good man, you decided to ask if I was a retarded Liverpool fan. Am glad that you are such a level headed poster. The soccer forum would not be the same without you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Tbh boards overall PC'ness is over top in relation to what is said , I disagree with swearing as it lowers the tone but who the hell cares if ppl want to insult each other. This is the bleeding internet not Dail Eireann.

Mates of mine have seen me surfing boards religiously at college and have decided to check it out , but none of them have managed to get into it because of the overall restrictiveness within threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Williem D wrote:
    I disagree with swearing as it lowers the tone but who the hell cares if ppl want to insult each other.
    Personal insults don't lower the tone of the place? Who wants to sit through two muppets squabbeling trying to find some decent content in a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ya ok your right ther, but you gotta expect this in a Man United Vs Liverpool thread ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I have not said that I don't find it offensive, just that I did not think it was offensive. I am not from Liverpool but I do go to all of the home games. I was not aware that this was some nature of racial stereotype. Then ruggie my good man, you decided to ask if I was a retarded Liverpool fan. Am glad that you are such a level headed poster. The soccer forum would not be the same without you.

Sorry T4TF.

I was only asking if such an obviously offensive question was allowed? I wasn't asking if you were a retarded liverpool fan but was asking if such a question was allowed?

Apologies if you took it as personal abuse directed your way, I really didn't mean to. My girlfriend and all her family are diehard liverpool fans.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Listen lads, the only way to sort this out is to even it up, update the charter that no one can post anything like what I posted.

So give me a weeks ban also, for the sake of sanity on the soccer forum, sure I might get some work done then!!! ;)

I was not aware of some nature of racial stereotype. I am now. Thsi has been resolved. Most likely not to all parties satisfaction, but hell, when have all the people been happy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I don't see why I'm suddenly banned as well. You stated yourself that my comment and yop's comment were:

"Very similar as far as I can tell. "

and at the time neither merited a ban.

and now presented with "new evidence" of racial stereotype (more ethnic stereotype tbh) - yop's comment deserves a ban.

However, as far as I can tell, my comment hasn't had any new revelations, so surely it must still be in the realms of admissable. So what's with the ban? Just pissed off?

Yeah, that's it.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I would have thought that anyone who would reduce themselves to that level of debate were at best the result of some sort of congenital brain disease. Not that I would suggest that yop is a cretin, half-formed at birth, with none of the functions and characteristics of higher mammals. No! I would not say that, despite the fact that his comment reminds me quite well of something I once heard passing a venereal ward, as a patient so riddled with syphilis and gonorrhea, his face covered in pus-filled sores, tried in vain to say something intelligible to the on duty nurse, but the only sound he could make was the sound of his infected bowels emptying onto the hospital floor. Its strange that yop's comment reminds me of that. Not that I'd be so bold as to suggest any association between yop and the afore-mentioned patient.

I have too much respect for the ill.
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    [did Cissé trip over his big lips?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Thats' some very selective quoting...
    RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Would it be ok if he asked "did Cissé trip over his big lips?"

But that's cool, you obviously have your own personal agenda. Go for it!

• Advertisement

Mea culpe, I actually selected all and accidentally removed some of the quote when creating the quote bars. I am very sorry about that and the negative effect that it may have had on peoples perceptions of you.

My agenda, you are right, I do, I like to call it the charter..

Advertisement