Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer forum again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    you obviously have your own personal agenda. Go for it!

yeah all of us mods hate everyone , did you not know this ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Lets hope Liverpool and Man Utd don't come up against each other in the FA cup,from a boards.ie view twice a season is hard work for the soccer mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Sarge wrote:
    yeah all of us mods hate everyone , did you not know this ?
    I have never had the pleasure of gracing any of your "forums", but when a mod deliberately misquotes someone on the feedback forum, it stinks of desperation. Why else would he do it, other than to:
    (a) attempt to prove his case that I was due a ban?
    and/or
    (b) taint my name?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I have never had the pleasure of gracing any of your "forums", but when a mod deliberately misquotes someone on the feedback forum, it stinks of desperation. Why else would he do it, other than to:
    (a) attempt to prove his case that I was due a ban?
    and/or
    (b) taint my name?
    i wouldn't worry about Sarge's comment tbh. His head his so far up TFTF's arse at the moment I'm surprised he can read anything. Give him a couple of minutes and he will be back on after hours flirting with everybody and back to his "oh you" type posts.

As for your ban, just live with it. There is a section in the charter that basically says the mods can ban you for anything they like, or something, it's a week FFS not a principal.

Hobart wrote:
    As for your ban, just live with it. There is a section in the charter that basically says the mods can ban you for anything they like, or something, it's a week FFS not a principal.

I hear what you mean, but seeing as how this thread was started as a show of no-confidence in this particular mod, I thought it best that I voice my growing lack of confidence. I couldn't care less about the week, it just seems that I was arbitrarly banned as a fly in the ointment, even though I was only pointing out the very error that he rectified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Personally I think that the fact that the soccer forum is so strictly moderated is at times, the cause of the problem. Arguments and discussions can decend into the "he offended me, ban him!!!!" route as we've seen here. And with the rules being so strict and tight, more often than not something has been said which elsewhere would just be considered normal football banter.

Don't get me wrong for the most part the forum runs very very smoothly and is in a much better state than it was a year ago, but people have to remember that football is a very emotive subject and maybe there could be some leeway shown. The referee analogy made earlier is valid and in this case perhaps a quite warning from the mods would have done.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

this is like an american solution to a problem,
    "hey some people are dangerous"
    "well now everyone has a gun, and everyone is safe"

t4tf you are horrific at this job,
    and the mis-quote things speaks volumes for you as a person.

Hobart wrote:
    i wouldn't worry about Sarge's comment tbh. His head his so far up TFTF's arse at the moment I'm surprised he can read anything. Give him a couple of minutes and he will be back on after hours flirting with everybody and back to his "oh you" type posts.

This has noting to do with brown nosing the mod at all, My comments have always been positive towards any mod of the soccer forum as I truly believe that it’s the hardest forum to mod on boards. The mods have to be see as a mutual poster all the time, and can rarely make a post that sparks a debate themselves.

Hobart grow up honestly your posts are becoming tedious and very repetitive at this stage.Also just to note, I have never flirted with anyone ever on after hours or any forum for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

mayordenis wrote:
    t4tf you are horrific at this job,
    and the mis-quote things speaks volumes for you as a person.

thats over the top imo.

he apologised for the misquote and thats what is was, a misquote

so far, you've bashed the mod and his character but haven't mentioned anything RE: fixing the forum to yore satisfaction.
    Soccer is a thankless modding position. Folk like you assuming you're banned cos the mod knows the other poster. Brilliant.

tbh, I'm suprised you're a mod with that attitude.

keep it up t4tf. gg pld etc

Thanks for your impartial input kaimera. I will choose to ignore your buddy list (isn't it sweet when its mutual).

The misquote was vindictive, it doesn't take a genius to work that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No the misquote was not vindictive as I have already pointed out and I have apologised for it already so please just get over it. Did you have an open square brackets in you question BTW ?. This is just going to come down to a my word against yours thing, i maintain, and wil continue to maintain that I accidentally posted as I did, you will maintain that I was being vindictive, now this could be down to the chip on your shoulder or you blatant unwillingness to take anything that anybody else says on board, or it could be that I have been so abusive towards you on your time on boards that you are not willing to listen to me, or it could just be down to me picking a picture which you created for me to use as my sig without paying you, who knows, who can tell, anybody for the last few choc ices now.

Sarge wrote:
    This has noting to do with brown nosing the mod at all, My comments have always been positive towards any mod of the soccer forum as I truly believe that it’s the hardest forum to mod on boards. The mods have to be see as a mutual poster all the time, and can rarely make a post that sparks a debate themselves.
    <snip>
    I'm not really that interested in your brown nosing TBH. I will leave it too others to make up their own minds on that.

Yes soccer has a lot of traffic, I believe TFTF has asked for another mod to be appointed while Talla is engaged elsewhere. It still is on the mod board.

I am interested in your "mutual poster" line however, given your recent comment and description of the users in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50761572&postcount=44 . Would you care to comment, or do you see yourself like that also?

My full post:
    ME wrote:
    I don't think that the two comments are at all similar. I was refferring to a hypothetical premise. Yop used a rhetorical question. He wasn't asking if a liverpool fan did that before he went down to the dole queue. I don't think that he was looking for the answer for that question. He was merely reenforcing an ethnic stereotype in an attempt at one-upmanship, which was a disruptive influence on this forum (and already resulted in one banning).

Would it be ok if he asked "did Cissé trip over his big lips?"

No square brackets of any kind. I'm sure if it was such an accident then you won't mind editing your post and removing the error?

My reasons for believing that it was vindictive are:
    (a) I pissed you off yesterday (and in a previous discussion on a similar topic).
    and
    (b) Posting that quote, had no relevance to your reply, unless it was altered as you did.

As for your sig pic, that is the pic i created for you (am i misunderstanding your point?).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2574095&postcount=759

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I have absolutely no problem editing my quote but at this stage I thought that it would not make a difference as you have already stated that it was made vindictively and that it was wrong, something I apologised for again and again, I thought that the thread would make more sense with it left as it is. Especially considering you put it right in the next post.

The reason I asked about the square brackets is because that is what I maintain was what I mistyped without realising that I had deleted when I was making the quote box it is still in the quote too.

If you would like me to change the quote by all means let me know and I will.

BTW, you did not piss me off, I do not like particularly like yop, I laughed at your post, then I had to put my mod hat on, discuss the decision and ban you. That is all there is too it.

Ok then, it was a mistake, apology accepted - so what was the relevance of including that sentence in your reply?

*edit*

yeah I would be happy if you edited your post to reflect reality.

You sounded (typed) pissed off, example:
    T4TF wrote:
    Come on, if you are big enough to roll that stuff out, you surely should be big enough to back it up.

Either way I don't see why you edited your reply, from just containing my "offending" post to also containing a conveniently edited quote of an otherwise innocuous comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

So Im not getting back in then......?

Hobart wrote:
    I'm not really that interested in your brown nosing TBH. I will leave it too others to make up their own minds on that.

Yes soccer has a lot of traffic, I believe TFTF has asked for another mod to be appointed while Talla is engaged elsewhere. It still is on the mod board.

I am interested in your "mutual poster" line however, given your recent comment and description of the users in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50761572&postcount=44 . Would you care to comment, or do you see yourself like that also?

1038779850_turesquiz1.gif

Hobart wrote:

Sarge must also be banned then,
    and its not mod bashing t4tf its actually not a hard job like everyone makes it out to be,
    use common sense - a person makes what i consider a racist comment (yop) i react to that by abusing him(abusing a racist - i'm a horrible person aren't I) so at most just me and him should be banned, or mostly just him, re*ac*tor did nothing deserve banning him. as for you needing another mod it's obvious that you do but maybe you should look for 2, 1 for extra help then 1 to replace you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayordenis wrote:
    Sarge must also be banned then,
    and its not mod bashing t4tf its actually not a hard job like everyone makes it out to be,
    use common sense - a person makes what i consider a racist comment (yop) i react to that by abusing him(abusing a racist - i'm a horrible person aren't I) so at most just me and him should be banned, or mostly just him, re*ac*tor did nothing deserve banning him. as for you needing another mod it's obvious that you do but maybe you should look for 2, 1 for extra help then 1 to replace you.

You have to be a comedian, calling me a racist based on a comment on that.:rolleyes:

All that I can see here is that someone who is a mod cannont even moderate himself/herself and that serious consideration should be given to your position as you continue with your name callling and lacking in ability to accept a situation.

Give it up for the love of god, your banned accept it, you'll be back next week. Go and have your tea and a sandwich, it will all look better then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Thanks for your impartial input kaimera. I will choose to ignore your buddy list (isn't it sweet when its mutual).

The misquote was vindictive, it doesn't take a genius to work that out.

aww c'mon now, my buddy list? I've never know them to be serious.
    first for everything to be brought up I guess. ;)

/me adds RE*AC*TOR to buddy_list.

• Advertisement

Listen sarge, as soon as you have anything resembling an actual reply, use the keyboard, why don't you? Your posting is not clever, smart, anything tbh despite your lame attempt. Why don't you comment on what I have posted, instead of dodging my questions? You are as one with the users afterall, are'nt you?

@mayordenis Sarge does not need to be banned, as he has not broken any rules that would warrant his banning from the Soccer forum. My inclusion of the link, was just an indication of his duplicity.

Just stop bleating like a 2yo. He said, she said etc... Give it a rest ffs. You broke the charter, you got banned. Big effin deal.

Hobart wrote:
    Listen sarge, as soon as you have anything resembling an actual reply, use the keyboard, why don't you? Your posting is not clever, smart, anything tbh despite your lame attempt. Why don't you comment on what I have posted, instead of dodging my questions? You are as one with the users afterall, are'nt you?

I don’t think your comments deserve a reply or even warrant a response from me, the fact is that I as well as many other users do not care for your opinion. I have no reason to explain myself too you what so ever. Listen if you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me, as I have no interest in your tit for tat post at the moment. I will however elaborate further with you if you wish to take it to PM.

Sarge wrote:
    I don’t think your comments deserve a reply or even warrant a response from me,
    Why are you responding then?
    the fact is that I as well as many other users do not care for your opinion.
    Ahhh the 'ol "me and me mates hate you" card
    I have no reason to explain myself too you what so ever. Listen if you want to discuss this further feel free to PM me, as I have no interest in your tit for tat post at the moment. I will however elaborate further with you if you wish to take it to PM.
    You don't want to discuss it publically so. I can see why tbh. Good man sarge!!

yop wrote:
    You have to be a comedian, calling me a racist based on a comment on that.:rolleyes:

All that I can see here is that someone who is a mod cannont even moderate himself/herself and that serious consideration should be given to your position as you continue with your name callling and lacking in ability to accept a situation.

Give it up for the love of god, your banned accept it, you'll be back next week. Go and have your tea and a sandwich, it will all look better then ;)

well my position should be looked at only IF some on my forum has a grievence with my policies or how i implement said policies.
    So just because i don't agree with someone elses way of running a forum doesnt mean by any stretch of the imagination that i am unable for such a position.
    And exactly who have a called a name on this?? i am the first to say i called you names on the original thread and completely stand by my assessment of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thunderdome time.......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thunderdome time.......

Nah, Boards Beers, boxing ring and lets see who is wants to call names then ;)

yop wrote:
    Nah, Boards Beers, boxing ring and lets see who is wants to call names then ;)
    I nominate Toxteth for the next Boards beers.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I nominate Toxteth for the next Boards beers.

What the hell is toxteth?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

tbh

• Advertisement

yop wrote:
    What the hell is toxteth?
    There was quite an (in)famous riot there many years ago in which a PC was beheadded. It is part of Liverpool.

edited location.

Advertisement