Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soccer forum again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Hobart wrote:
    There was quite an (in)famous riot there many years ago in which a PC was beheadded. I think it's part of Manchester.

toxteth is where robbie folwer is from,a very rough area in liverpool

i was banned from the soocer forum aswell for my(eating rats comment)but i will do my time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

county wrote:
    toxteth is where robbie folwer is from,a very rough area in liverpool
    Thanks for that. There was a famous riot there I'm sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Umm, some how I don't think I would come of there alive!! :)

County - Typical United Liverpool thread, half of the people banned!! Must have been 6 or 7 of us banned from that thread, rivalry is alive and well!! ;)

one a week i would say:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yop wrote:
    Nah, Boards Beers, boxing ring and lets see who is wants to call names then ;)

. . . is this some sort of threat?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayordenis wrote:
    . . . is this some sort of threat?

I don't make statements without substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Round and round and round it goes,
    Where it will stop only the mod who eventually closes this shambles knows.

Its like a drunken brawl in a veterns reunion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

yop wrote:

Then you could be heading for a lengthy ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Why can't you all just get along ffs. Jeez, you're like a bunch of football supporters the way you're all carrying on. I thought soccer had a good reputation, yer all tainting it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

yop wrote:

OMG CU @ LAN!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

yop wrote:

If this had been targeted against me I'd report it. Bad, bad user.

rsynnott wrote:
    If this had been targeted against me I'd report it. Bad, bad user.

Report it away, just joining in on the idiocy that is posted regarding this thread. ;)

It's very easy for people to label people as a racist and the other tripe I was called from behind a PC, when you are facing someone face to face then this may be a totally different situation, but thankfully the chances of me ever attending a boards beers is slim since I am never in the location they go on.

All I will say is don't go mouthing off, even from behind a PC, it may bite you in the ass.

And as Aidan_Walsh said this has gone on way to long, time to shut it down, get back to work or study or sleep or whatever.

Slán ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hobart wrote:
    There was quite an (in)famous riot there many years ago in which a PC was beheadded. It is part of Liverpool.

edited location.

I think you are getting your riot locations mixed up. The policeman was killed in a riot in tottenham a week after the Toxteth riots.

On Topic/

The trolling that had mostly been eradicated on the soccer forum appears to be creeping in again since the entry rules were relaxed. Unfortunately it appears to be established users who are unable to post on some topics without hurling abuse. I may be wrong but it appears to me that the majority of users banned in the last month or so are mods on other fora here. Should they not be setting a better example on the site by adhering to the charter of the soccer forum?

The Muppet wrote:
    The trolling that had mostly been eradicated on the soccer forum appears to be creeping in again since the entry rules were relaxed. Unfortunately it appears to be established users who are unable to post on some topics without hurling abuse. I may be wrong but it appears to me that the majority of users banned in the last month or so are mods on other fora here. Should they not be setting a better example on the site by adhering to the charter of the soccer forum?
    This is where you are sadly mistaken on a number of counts.

The mods of other "fora" have about as much weight on the soccer forum as you do. So no, not really is the answer, in relation to your question about moderators of other forums.

Secondly your wrong about the majority of users banned in the last month are mods. There not. The vast majority of users banned from that forum in the last month being so called "ordinary users".

Lastly I don't think you are in any position to be lecturing anybody on their behaviour, given your previous actions on this very forum? Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hobart wrote:
    This is where you are sadly mistaken on a number of counts.

The mods of other "fora" have about as much weight on the soccer forum as you do. So no, not really is the answer, in relation to your question about moderators of other forums. ?

I didn't say they had any weight, I was just making an observation and asking if they should know better that to be making an already difficult forum to mod even more difficult.
    Hobart wrote:
    Secondly your wrong about the majority of users banned in the last month are mods. There not. The vast majority of users banned from that forum in the last month being so called "ordinary users".

I did say I migth be wrong on that point, but there has been 3 mods of other fora banned in the last two weeks from soccer. I have only seen two other users banned but I don't read all the threads.

Hobart wrote:
    Lastly I don't think you are in any position to be lecturing anybody on their behaviour, given your previous actions on this very forum? Are you?

I have not had any complaints from the Mods on my contribution to the forum in months. There is no need to go on the attack I was just giving feedback , The powers that be can check out the valididty of my post for themselves.

I have no intention of getting into a slanging match with you so now that I made my point, I'll leave the last word to yourself.

The Muppet wrote:
    I didn't say they had any weight, I was just making an observation and asking if they should know better that to be making an already difficult forum to mod even more difficult.
    And I was just answering you. Mods are just users on other boards they do not mod, including soccer.
    I did say I migth be wrong on that point, but there has been 3 mods of other fora banned in the last two weeks from soccer. I have only seen two other users banned but I don't read all the threads.
    Grand, I only see 2 mods banned on the Mods board, and a lot more users listed in the last month.
    I have not had any complaints from the Mods on my contribution to the forum in months. There is no need to go on the attack I was just giving feedback , The powers that be can check out the valididty of my post for themselves.
    I have no idea what the complaints from other mods has got to do with anything tbh. I was talking about your previous behaviour on "the feedback" forum, not the soccer forum. Ok then, I guess, if that's the answer????
    I have no intention of getting into a slanging match with you so now that I made my point, I'll leave the last word to yourself.
    It's not slanging, it's feedback.

yop wrote:
    All I will say is don't go mouthing off, even from behind a PC, it may bite you in the ass.

Making implicit threats of physical violence may not be the greatest idea, either.

I do like how those who do it usually come off like a cartoon Mafia-man trying to extract protection money, though...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yop banned from Feedback. Anytime he wants a row with me I'll be right here. I'll rescind the ban as and when he's cooled his heels.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BizMaker

rsynnott wrote:
    Making implicit threats of physical violence may not be the greatest idea, either.

I do like how those who do it usually come off like a cartoon Mafia-man trying to extract protection money, though...

You are trying way too hard to become a Mod.

And antagonising people is not the way to go about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yes that's right BizMaker, everyone on boards.ie knows the appropriate way to become a moderator involves passing the Amp Test.

...test...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Yes that's right BizMaker, everyone on boards.ie knows the appropriate way to become a moderator involves passing the Amp Test.

...test...

I thought only amp can reply "test" everyone else its "amp test"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Sarge wrote:
    I thought only amp can reply "test" everyone else its "amp test"

/me looks around

There are rules to this game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Why not have a small sub forum off soccer where people can say anything they want about players, teams or fans?

simple solution

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

simple solution

..or completely missing the point altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

BuffyBot wrote:
    ..or completely missing the point altogether?

:D probably, but i presume most bannings from soccer forum are because fans are always abusing each other so a place where people can go for a rant and not get banned would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:D probably, but i presume most bannings from soccer forum are because fans are always abusing each other so a place where people can go for a rant and not get banned would be good
    Here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

its called the thunderdome

Good lord, the logo... It gets worse.
    BizMaker wrote:
    You are trying way too hard to become a Mod.

And antagonising people is not the way to go about it.

No, no, my dear, I simply enjoy making fun of the stupid people! It is not ambition, but rather cruelty!

Where on earth would I be a mod of, anyway? Paranormal? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement