Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best 24 Scene [S1-4 Spoilers]

• 24-01-2006 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Here are mine in no particular order!

When Saunders orders Jack to execute Chapelle.. There was something very disturbing about that whole scene.. especially Chapelle in the Trainyard on his knees crying. From CTU director to a grown man crying about to be executed all in the space of a few hours..

When Jack is breaking Ramon out of prison and CTU don't know about it. Jack ties Chase up and then proceeds to break Ramon out and then the prison riots start!! Jack beating up the prison guards and stealing their uniforms for him and Ramon. And then the russian roulette scene when Jack talks the black guy into killing himself so he has a better chance of surviving.. And then Jack vs. Ramon in the russian roulette.. that was so tense.. loved the end where they escape in the helicopter but the virus has been contained seconds earlier haha..

Series 4 Ep 6 when Jack breaks into the compound to save Audrey and Secretary Heller, loved when Jack was picking the terrorists off 1 by 1 outside, breaking their necks, etc. And also when the marines arrive that was brilliant. Think it was the same episode but I loved when Audrey/Heller try to kill themselves with the gas pipe to stop his execution being broadcast live.

The last episode of series 1 when Nina convinces Jack that Kim is dead, and Jack realising he has nothing left to lose, storms after the Draydens in the harbour and kills them all. Also liked when Nina shot Teri, was getting a bit sick of her!

and last but not least:

series 2 when they decide to fly the plane with the nuclear bomb out of LA and into the desert instead, and Jack phones Kim to tell her that he has to die to save millions of lives. And then George Mason showing up in the back of the plane and taking over from Jack because he was gonna die anyway. And then the bomb going off in the desert while President Palmer watches from air force 1.. that was brilliant.

Anyway does anyone agree/disagree with these choices or have some of their own to add?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The single best scene in the first 4 seasons is Chapelles execution. The way that they used a silent countdown at the top of the hour made it even more poignant.

I liked Ninas death too (it was a long time coming, but I miss her!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Damn, you named some of my favourites.

As you said the scene where Nina tells Jack that Kim is dead and then he becomes all Super Agent Jack against the Draydens. Awesome!

And Jack executing Chapelle. I honestly didn't think he'd do it. That was a big suprise for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tarren

The impossible question. ¬_¬ There's so many scenes. but I guess I'd probably have to go with you guys and say the scene when Nina tells Jack that Kim is dead and he wastes everybody in the compound, then empties a clip into Drazen.

But then again, all Bauer moments were class. The hacksaw scene, for example...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

TmB wrote:
    The single best scene in the first 4 seasons is Chapelles execution. The way that they used a silent countdown at the top of the hour made it even more poignant.

I liked Ninas death too (it was a long time coming, but I miss her!).

yeah, from being a bit of an asshole to crying like a baby, disturbing scene alright.

there is so many scenes to choose from, like when the end of season 4 they pretend to kill jack and give him an injestion to kill his pulse, (felt depressed after that)

when chase arrives after jack pretending to be back in with the salazars ring, Jack has to shoot him to gain the salazars trust, i really thought that was the end of chase :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Loved the last scene of Series 2, when Jack is having heart trouble and is about to be shot by (i forget his name) and all the CTU choppers arrive.

Oh and earlier on in that scene when the baddy radios the sniper to kill the presidents wife, and the camera moves up and you see jack behind the sniper.

I'll think of more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i love the scene with Nina in series 3, on a plane, where they have captured her.. and she ends up gettin Jack to set off the worm thingy through the CTU systems....

shes SUCH a bitch... and played it so damn well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Rockerette wrote:
    i love the scene with Nina in series 3, on a plane, where they have captured her.. and she ends up gettin Jack to set off the worm thingy through the CTU systems....

That was awesome, and Jack holding the pilot hostage so he wouldn't turn the plane around: "You can file a complaint with your commanding officer" LOL brilliant

yup it was an absolutely classic moment!

Nina broguht some great scenes throughout... but it was a bit of a relief when Jack FINALLY shot her...

Bitch<Nina seriously, im glad shes dead, unless....:)

Sparky-s wrote:
    im glad shes dead, unless....:)

noooo!
    she coudlnt STILL be alive could she?!! ahahahahaaaaaaa..

her and Sherri Palmer too eh?! livin it up in the LA hills?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rockerette wrote:
    noooo!
    she coudlnt STILL be alive could she?!! ahahahahaaaaaaa..

her and Sherri Palmer too eh?! livin it up in the LA hills?? :rolleyes:

you never know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

along with Alan and Julia Miliken lol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Yep, the Chapelle scene was the best without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i alwayds liked the scene where jack broke tony's leg.
    i'm looking forward to the scene where jack shooots audrey in the face with a 12 gauge from about 2 foot, please god let it happen, whiney bitch!

there would be nothing left ffs :D, they would have to feature that on faces of death if that was the case.

(could happen, its 24 afterall.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Yeah, my favourite scene of seasons 1-4 is definately the Chappelle shooting scene...

2nd favourite was when he shot Nina (1st series?) having previously told her to wear the bulletproof jacket and of course.. 3rd would be...

When Nina finds a quiet spot and makes that first phone call in (Croatian?) - my jaw was on the floor!

I can't say I liked season 4 (too much "Amayricaaa-F*** Yeah!" for my likin! :) ) - though the scene where he rings Audrey to say that she and her father are in danger - and the missile goes shooting across the screen behind her is pretty cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

I dont know if this has been said already as I still have to watch day 2 and dont wanna read the posts incase of spoilders.. but my favourite scene of what I've seen so far is in day 3 when Jack has to kill Chapelle. Not because I hated Chapelle that much but it was just such a tense scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

I dont know if this has been said already as I still have to watch day 2 and dont wanna read the posts incase of spoilders.. but my favourite scene of what I've seen so far is in day 3 when Jack has to kill Chapelle. Not because I hated Chapelle that much but it was just such a tense scene.

I can see why so many have said the Chapelle execution onn this thread. It really was brilliantly acted. The guy who plays Chapelle (I don't know his name) played it brilliantly. Even his tears looked really genuine. I often get the DVD out and play it back.

Advertisement