Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cash & Carry kitchens ad...:-(

• 24-01-2006 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the Cash & Carry kitchens ad on RTE? Its the one with the tradesman(actor) waltzing in and saying 'Ive put in more kitchens than you've hot dinners' Just like the Tallaghtford ad its really annoying! Then the nail in the ads coffin is when he says 'Now...where do they keep the teabags around here?'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It has been on for the last 5 years.

Now where did i put the tea.

Yes fortunately he has gone on to do Apres Match since then.

Worse still are the adds for Discount Electrical. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

oh yeah, i've put in more kitchens than you've had hot dinners.
    let me see i've had hot dinners on average 5 times a week, thats 5x52x26=thats a lot of ****in kitchens or else it's a bull**** patronising ad.

i love the Discount electrical ads, so tacky, the same woman doing the V.O. for the last 20 years ( i think she's the owner)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

It just gives off the impression that they're trying to make a generalisation that all tradesmen are cocky and just drink tea all day....I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Geraldine is it?

She's very busy now helping out at the sales.

I hear she has a fine pair of jug kettles

mustve missed that one?

• Advertisement

I dont think that is Barry Murphy from Apres match in the ad...looks a helluva lot like him though. Barry I think has a deeper voice?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I wonder did he also tile and clean the the kitchen he had just put in, not a bit of MDF dust in sight........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

"I can barely boil an egg but i know my way around a kitchen"....smug git.An insanely annoying ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Not really - tacky yes, but it's exceptionally well made for a small Irish company ad. For once it doesn't have a cringe-inducing harsh video look to it or dody sound. And the graphics are excellent.

And as all good ads go, it's memorable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

i love the Discount electrical ads, so tacky, the same woman doing the V.O. for the last 20 years ( i think she's the owner)
    I was seriously going to write to 'Geraldine' once and tell her that FFS please employ an actor.

I'm purposely *not* buying my new Bose system in either Discount Electrical or West and Gardiner because those ads are really really really really annoying especially when stuck in trafic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

I was seriously going to write to 'Geraldine' once and tell her that FFS please employ an actor.

I'm purposely *not* buying my new Bose system in either Discount Electrical or West and Gardiner because those ads are really really really really annoying especially when stuck in trafic.
    ha! nice one, i dare you to do it. it really is so annoying ;)

Advertisement