Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay away from UTV Clicksilver

• 24-01-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

They suck beyond belief, ive been with them since july 05 and i upgraded to their better line in september 05 and now when i ring to check how to cancel im told im under contract with them until september 06 !! WTF! Also ill have to pay 59.99 to cancel my line. The line also disconnects alot and i really don't trust that download limit monitor they are using. :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

R0ot wrote:
    ive been with them since july 05 and i upgraded to their better line in september 05
    If you're not getting the service you were promised, you may have recourse under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act; however if you upgraded in September you signed an agreement to contract with them for a year -- if you didn't know this, it's your own fault for not reading the agreement.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying not to keep away. I wouldn't touch UTV with a barge pole now, and I was one of their cheerleaders in the past.

adam

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did you read the terms of the agreement? If it was a six months (current minimum), you'd still have time left in your contract. If you exit earlier than this you would need to pay.

So just because you didn't read / understand the terms of the agreement we should all keep away?

Well, I suppose you did post it in an internet forum.
    Guess i'll just disc*****

*Fatal Error - User MarkR disconnected because someone told him to.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ken Shabby wrote:
    If you're not getting the service you were promised, you may have recourse under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act; however if you upgraded in September you signed an agreement to contract with them for a year -- if you didn't know this, it's your own fault for not reading the agreement.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying not to keep away. I wouldn't touch UTV with a barge pole now, and I was one of their cheerleaders in the past.

adam

It really depends on how the poster upgraded? It has not been unknown in the past for UTV not to make it clear to customers that when they upgraded they were signing up for a further 12 months and anyways it is surely time for UTV to stop this 12 month thing. Some time ago they seemd to have got preoccupied with holding on to customers though this type of 12 month service thing rather than providing good products which would encourage customer loyalty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They didn't make it clear to me in my case, but I think mine was an exception. But perhaps you're right, I think the OP should clarify proceedings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well i'd assume it was all there in T+C's. either way you'd have to pay until july '06 anyway....

• Advertisement

well i'd assume it was all there in T+C's. either way you'd have to pay until july '06 anyway....

Terms and Conditions are not about asssuming things. UTV do not make it clear in the terms and conditions that when you change your product you are committed to a further 12 months and as I pointed out above they have been known in the past not to make this clear to customers when they are changing product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

most companies don't make anything clear in T+C's, hence the reason why most people don't read them.

does it say in the t+c's of the new product that there is a 12month contract?

if it does, you're tied to a 12month contract, and you should have read it carefully. if not, they've no case to get you to pay until september.

seems quite clear to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

If there is any mention of a minimum contract to avail of UTV new download limits to be announced tomorrow, I'm gone like a shot.

No way will I agree to be be tied in for another 12 months.

most companies don't make anything clear in T+C's, hence the reason why most people don't read them.

does it say in the t+c's of the new product that there is a 12month contract?

if it does, you're tied to a 12month contract, and you should have read it carefully. if not, they've no case to get you to pay until september.

seems quite clear to me...

What you dont seem to be clear on is that we are discussing a sitution where a customer already with UTV changes products and UTV require a further 12 months in that situation on top of the time you have already spent with them. In the past as per Ken Shabby's post above they have not made that clear to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

The UTV minimum contract was reduced a couple of months ago to 6 months so you might want to check with them again when your contract ends. You could get out of it next month.

• Advertisement

ai ing wrote:
    The UTV minimum contract was reduced a couple of months ago to 6 months so you might want to check with them again when your contract ends. You could get out of it next month.

That would only apply to new customers signing up under those terms and conditions - utv have several sets of terms and condtions on the go at any one time so you have to be careful when you are talking to their csrs to make sure you know which set apply to you.

Advertisement