Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Worst of 24 [S1-4 Spoilers]

• 24-01-2006 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

What annoyed you about season 1-4?

I'll point out a couple in season 4 (because thats fresh in my mind)

1. Marwans death. One of the worst special effects I have seen in a long time. Really bad.....

2. The whole "THAT wasn't my real goal, HERE'S my real goal" plotline (kidnapping, execution, nuclear plant meltdown, airforce one, nuke)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

How about - the whole of season 4.. lol..

The worst thing in 24 in my opinion was the whole alan milliken/president palmer storyline in series 3.. was just so boring to watch.. should have had palmer trapped in the hotel or something.. that would have been more interesting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just the whole of season 3. Start to Finish - awful.

Although, the aforementioned Marwan death was prettly badly done. The bad CG/puppet was terrible and ruined that whole rooftop ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tarren

When you're blindly in love with 24, it's hard to admit to the flaws. But I have to agree that the effects when Marwan fell were cringeworthy. Nearly everything Kim did was, too, but at least she's easy on the eye. Hehe... ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Jacks wifes amnesia from the first season was a pretty lame way to stretch a few episodes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tarren

Jacks wifes amnesia from the first season was a pretty lame way to stretch a few episodes I think.

I "forgot" about that. XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i would have to agree that season 4 imo wasnt the best now, but still had its good bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Have to wholeheartedly agree with Marwan's death in the last series. I could have made a more convincing looking fall myself by throwing an old Action Man doll out my bedroom window and filming it with a camcorder! :D

Series 2: Just about everything Kim did. I mean, I know she's blonde and all (no offence to any blondes reading this! :D ) but, sweet merciful Jaysus, how completely dumb do you have to be to keep getting yourself into all those ridiculous situations she kept getting into? Getting chased by the deranged father of the kid you're nannying, getting chased by cougars, being held in a homemade nuclear bunker by some nutjob, 7-11 store holdups, then going back to your former employer's home to find he's still alive and you have to kill him! God almighty, girl, have a bit of cop on, will you? :rolleyes:

Though, I do have to admit, she looked damn good (tight white top, anyone? ;) ) whilst she was trying to get herself out of all those situations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

When Tony got kidnapped by Mandy in season 4 and the way Jack knew it wasn't them they were watching was because he couldn't hear the rain...

Would the lack of a bang from them closing the door of the car not give it away?

The blatant CISCO SYSTEMS plastered accross every computer screen kind of pissed me off in Season 4...

The whole Alan Millikan storyline as someone already said in Season 3 was just plain boring...

Most of Season 4 when they just seemed to completely forget what happened in the last episode and go onto a NEW storyline every episode...

The way when Jack called Tony when he first showed up in Season 4 and it took him 5 minutes to get to them... then took 20 minutes to get back to Tony's apartment...

Similarly when they had to go out into the field and went via helicopter which took them half an hour to get places and managed to get back between the two episodes (in what we were meant to believe was about 2 minutes)

When Jack "went rougue" for the 15-millionth time in Season 4 to get the information he needed about the guy from the house boat but at the very start of the next episode he was back working for CTU...

Basically most of Season 4... it had it's good points but most of it was just plot holes...

steveland wrote:
    The blatant CISCO SYSTEMS plastered accross every computer screen kind of pissed me off in Season 4...

Season 3, plastered with Dell
    Season 4, plastered with HP
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Sparky-s wrote:
    Season 3, plastered with Dell
    Season 4, plastered with HP
    :D

Did I read it's to be Toyota in Series 5?

Not on the computer screens, but heavy product placement.

• Advertisement

Did I read it's to be Toyota in Series 5?

Not on the computer screens, but heavy product placement.

:D, lol, must get the admins to ask for a scene where one of the ctu agents are dossing and the boards.ie homepage is up on the screen with a really large boards logo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

SofaKing wrote:
    Just the whole of season 3. Start to Finish - awful..

:eek: i thoguth season 3 was the best!

Marwan's death was absolutely terrible.. i rewound it a few times, just to laugh...

as other people have said, Kim. just.. in general...

As Tarren said, its hard to point out faults when you love the show.... :o

yes i did like kim in that white top :D

and marwans death, i was expecting a ploom of smoke after that scene ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Im glad you found Marwans death funny!Shame on you...:D Rockee/Rockerette? The first boards wedding?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

lol yeah Season 4 was shocking compared to the other 3

Advertisement