Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband Ennis.

• 24-01-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Has anyone on the Ennis exchange using BT been upgraded. I am on the 1Mb
    basic package and there has been no upgrade on my line if Irish Speed Test is correct. They told me the line is good for up to 4Mbs when orignally testing for suitability for Broadband.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yeah I'm in Ennis and I've been upgraded from 1Mb to 2Mb. I had to reboot my modem for the new speed to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

well i'm in ennis and my line speed hasn't been upped.
    i have rebooted the modem etc..

this sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

phutyle wrote:
    Yeah I'm in Ennis and I've been upgraded from 1Mb to 2Mb. I had to reboot my modem for the new speed to kick in.

Can u give me some tips on re boot of Zyxtel 600. On another fourm someone said it reverts to preset passwords. Did u have any problem like that. ??
    I am afraid to mess with it in case I cant get it back again.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Actually, I'm using a Linksys wireless router/modem, so I don't know much about the Zyxtel (I only used it for the first couple of weeks). With the Linksys I just plugged it out for 10 seconds and then back in again. No settings were lost.

With the Zyxtel, try (if you haven't already) just turning the power off and on. You won't loose any settings or your password unless you press the reset button (which resets to factory defaults), and you shouldn't need to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

phutyle wrote:
    Actually, I'm using a Linksys wireless router/modem, so I don't know much about the Zyxtel (I only used it for the first couple of weeks). With the Linksys I just plugged it out for 10 seconds and then back in again. No settings were lost.

With the Zyxtel, try (if you haven't already) just turning the power off and on. You won't loose any settings or your password unless you press the reset button (which resets to factory defaults), and you shouldn't need to do that.

Thanks, I have already tried that. Will wait a while and see what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement