Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you start studying?

• 24-01-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Early 5th year? Late 5th Year.. 6th year when?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

havent even started yet bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

iggyman wrote:
    havent even started yet bud

Seconded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

unlike those two, i started after christmas! I kinda copped onto myself. i think i've done more study in the past couple of weeks than i have in the last 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

cool. Was just wondering. don't you think it's a bit late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Im gonna start full on tomorow but i have kinda started. Some days are better then others. When imin the mood for studying i can rip through it, but cant always wait to be in the mood!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I'm gonna start my cramming for the pres next week! I'm feckin fantastic at it! At the mo I've been getting too much homework to start properly studyin but i suppose homework is study so I aint doin too bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Well, I planned to start on monday, but I got this terrible flu. -_-; I can't study.. >_>; well, I've decided to study one subject a day. :) See how that turns out. >_>; mocks in march.. dont talk to me about anything after that. <_<; at present the CAO forms are the biggest worry. I've been far too laid back for FAR too long. Time to get working. o_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

hmm I did start to study after the xmas hols.. damn i have my mocks in march and guess when. just the week before the leaving cert oral.. great isnt it? feckn hell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i need to star proper study... mocks start february 16th i think, just under 4 weeks. hhhmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i started revision this week, seeing as my mocks start next week! eek!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Started in September, not really intense till after christmas. People who are only starting now have made a big mistake, the amount of work is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

well i've been working hard since start of 5th year - just not "studying" as such... always do my homework/hand essays in on time/have done as well as i am aiming for in other sets of exams... etc etc.. so hopefully im not THAT screwed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

yiz hav just scared d crap out of me!!

from 2mara i WILL START

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

i only seriously started in mid november, but im easing off lately, and my mocks are the week after the mid term :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Started in September, not really intense till after christmas. People who are only starting now have made a big mistake, the amount of work is huge.
    not necessarily! i've always listened in class and do most of my homework...i understand everything that we've done since 5th year and i can remember a lot of it too! it's just reinforcing everything in my brain to make sure i can reproduce it in the correct manner for the exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Rockerette wrote:
    i need to star proper study... mocks start february 16th i think, just under 4 weeks. hhhmmm.
    That's about 2/3 weeks more time than I have. Mine start Tuesday. =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

ye mine start next wednesday..i havent started studyin yet but i have done all me homework and listened in class so far..so i should be grand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Mine are not until the eight of April!! So I've plenty of time to study for them.
    It would be just terrible if I do badly in my pre's cause after them I'll be soo stressed knowing the Leaving is so near. I don't realy "start studying" I just do a bit every now and again it depends on my mood I'm not a robot! :)

I've done absoultely nothing for the orals so I'm going to try and do a few hours a day for the next two weeks which will be really hard. Then after that I'm going to relax a bit (because I'll know I'll have covered most of it) until maybe a couple of weeks before the actual orals.

The main thing to remember when you study or just the Leaving Cert in general is to be organised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

When your in 5th year enjoy it!! Thats what I did! Do extra curicular activities - in 6th year there is no time! I did my homework in 5th year - studied for test etc...!What we keep forgetting though is that you have to keep revising. I started befor the Xmas exams and am in full gear now. But I wil probably only vaugley remember it come April. SO the key in my opinion is just keep revising the same things....I hope it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I suppose before Christmas, but havent done that much. Basically Im doing my homework and a hour of studying per night, studying also includes concentrating on Radiohead in the background and mindless daydreaming out the window. Kid A is too good an album...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

Started off the year with unreal enthusiasm...all gone down hill since then, my god... got to october and didnt to anything really untill last week...so i'm getting there slowly but surely now, mocks are feb 22nd kinda freaked a tad about them, but everyone says dont mind them, concentrate on the orals and real thing as everyone does crappy in the mocks and its really only to scare ya into actually studying...so...yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

started studying for my leaving cert the night before each exam that i had! never brought home books for xams or easter etc because i knew i wouldnt even open them! im a night before crammer,always have been and always will be..hasnt let me down yet!(touches wood!lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭moesymoe

Fast_Mover wrote:
    started studying for my leaving cert the night before each exam that i had! never brought home books for xams or easter etc because i knew i wouldnt even open them! im a night before crammer,always have been and always will be..hasnt let me down yet!(touches wood!lol)

..really motivational, almost inspiring, kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

moesymoe wrote:
    ..really motivational, almost inspiring, kudos.
    anytime!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

lol for some reason I thought people here would have tarted studying in 5th year. Esp with the amount of people aiming for high 500's.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

X-SL wrote:
    lol for some reason I thought people here would have tarted studying in 5th year. Esp with the amount of people aiming for high 500's.

Well i want 550 or so i kinda started last august but nothing in 5th year. I started studying intensely since christmas or so. Don't scare me with 5th year studying stories:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Fast_Mover wrote:

how did you do? just curious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Started off the year with unreal enthusiasm...all gone down hill since then, my god... got to october and didnt to anything really untill last week...so i'm getting there slowly but surely now, mocks are feb 22nd kinda freaked a tad about them, but everyone says dont mind them, concentrate on the orals and real thing as everyone does crappy in the mocks and its really only to scare ya into actually studying...so...yeah

yeah, you should treat the mocks as though they're the real thing it'll pay dividends psychologically but don't do what i did and relax after the mocks and cram for a week before the leavin.Also I'm sure that if your worried about it you'll do yourself justice, optimism is important after all just cos it's an important year doesn't mean you can't have just the same fun, it's 6 months of life which is more important than the leavin', you could get hit by a car leaving your final exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

eh my mocks start tomorrow and i havent really started yet.....5th year, who studied in 5th year!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I started a few weeks into the future

Advertisement