Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balls Anyone??

Options
  • 24-01-2006 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any of the details of the Arts Ball this year?
    I haven't been to any balls *chuckle* in my many years in UCD & as this will (hopefully) be my last year, I figure this'd be my last chance.

I totally missed out on the Strauss, I only saw the ads for it 2 days before the event.
    (Probably should've been keeping my eyes open though, am usually half in a daze.)
    Balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls balls...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

i got a feeling you are fond of balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

well she's obviously not a fan of pussies. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

*groan*

(& not in that way either)

No idea about the balls then boys?

no sorry, no idea about Arts Ball. But shame on you for going thru all of your years in UCD and not going to a ball at least once every year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

NO....i love the balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Looking forward to the ol' B+L ball myself. Been for the past 2 years and it hasn't disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Never been to a college event in any shape or form.

Well, with the exception of anti-war marches, peace rallies, anti-deportation protests, and suchlike. I know you guys on boards just love Lefties like myself...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SebtheBum wrote:
    Never been to a college event in any shape or form.

Well, with the exception of anti-war marches, peace rallies, anti-deportation protests, and suchlike. I know you guys on boards just love Lefties like myself...:rolleyes:

your not a REAL student till you've been to some sort of protest!I always stick out like a sore thumb at them.Went to the peacecamp in shannon recently for the 3rd anniversary and i was wearing my nice monsoon hat with my lovely new mac coat I got for christamas.All of the other protestors in their hippy clothes started giving me directions to the airport and i had to explain that I was there for the peace rally!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Been to the law ball thrice, racket ball once and the afters to BnL once.
    Always so much fun.
    Tux, hipflask, cigars. Winning combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hey Jen. Arts ball has too many cooks this year - two people are trying to run seperate balls. I know one of them is supposed to be on the 28th of February, and I also know that there was a big meeting today to discuss who should run the ball and all that jazz. I'll keep you posted as I hear what's going on. That's all I can do for the moment. Was at the Arts Ball last year though and had a brilliant time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Was it last year that they turned away a load of people from the Arts ball because they sold too many tickets? Or was that rubbish?

Never been to any college events really. The whole formal thing doesn't really appeal to me. :)

That was rubbish - we still had tickets to sell - not many, but we were still under capacity.

You have to go to at least one ball in college... I know it's hassle, but everyone looks good in a fancy dress or tux, even if they're not the most typically pretty of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Was it last year that they turned away a load of people from the Arts ball because they sold too many tickets? Or was that rubbish?

Never been to any college events really. The whole formal thing doesn't really appeal to me. :)
    That was last years freshers ball. Sold enough tickets, hadnt enough buses on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

That was last years freshers ball. Sold enough tickets, hadnt enough buses on the night.

Ah right! I knew I heard something. Think the rumour at the time was that they sold too many tickets in relation to the size of the venue and people were turned away. I stress the word rumour.

well I remember the uproar on the night when ppl queing for buses were told there were no more. I luckily was on a bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

What apparently happened according to Fergal Scully afterwards was that at the last minute Time decided to close off a part of the club that was meant to be used, so the capacity was cut. They sold tickets for the original capacity and then had to turn people away.

In reality, they didnt miss much. It was pretty crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Wait till you see the details for the B+L ball this year.....amazing!

I'll hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Is it really worth going to a ball? Which ones would ye recommend?
    I'm only a lickle fresher here so i've no idea

Strauss ball and your faculty ball would be my choices.

Faculty ball cos you'd know lots of people going so it's a good laugh. Strauss cos it's different from the other balls.

And yea it's def worth going to one. Sure if you don't like it you don't have to go next year!

• Advertisement

Heard throught the grapevine that's it's planned for the 23rd.
    Anyone thinking of going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i have two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I did not see that coming :v:

Got my ticketes today!
    So exciterimed!

Need to buy shoes... must buy shoes... HAVE to buy shoes....
    Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes

got ticket for the The Second Anual Ultimate Frisbee Ball.
    Thought it was my first UCD ball but then I remembered the martial arts ball last yr. THough not sure if that counts as it wasnt black tie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Got my ticketes today!
    So exciterimed!

Need to buy shoes... must buy shoes... HAVE to buy shoes....
    Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes Shoes

A girl can never have too many!!cept me who seems to have been wearing my same addidas pink ones for the last three years.....

Here we go. Here we go. Here we go...
    Here we go. Here we go. Here we go-o...
    Etc.

I think the best bit of the night was probably when I sat on the broken chair that nobody remembered to tell me was broken and landed flat on my ass.

Thank chocolate for padding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

SebtheBum wrote:

Get off that armchair, o my brother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement