Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leasing a car.

Options
  • 24-01-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here experience with leasing a car?
    My new job entails setting up the Irish office for a US company. Part of the package is a lease car and seeing that I am the person "on the ground" the US office has requested that I arrange this.
    Dealing with a lease-company in Dublin.
    Received a quote in October and agreed on it. Car was not available until end of this month so they supplied me with a rental vehicle (@ €1200 per month).
    Now that the vehicle is due to be delivered they are requesting more details in order to pass for finance. Story they give me is that the finance company requested additional information. My understanding was that the lease company has their own finance arranged at that the agreement is only between my employers and the lease-company and NOT that the lease-company applies for finance in my employers name. It that is the case we could have done it ourselves....

The lease-company also keep harping on that they want to use my details to apply for finance as it would be easier. This is absolute non-sense in my opinion as I am not (and do not want to) be liable for the lease payments....

I have constantly made clear that the lease-agreement should be between the my employers and the lease-company...

I've dealt with leasing cars before ont he continent and it was always fairly straighforward but this crowd seem to have it completely arseways.

Anyone care to comment?

E.

Advertisement