Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband slowed down to absolute crawl!!!

• 24-01-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Since about this time last night, my broadband just wouldnt work, the computer said it was connected but no websites appeared or msn wouldnt sign in, i got it working, but it has slowed down significantly, and its really noticable too. Im with Eircom. I did the irishisptest and im getting 96.0kbps down and 243 up. with a 33% quality service. tho this has been varying through out the day too. But the other night(the upgrade night) I was getting 2.67Mbps down and 313 up. with a 98%. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else? Im also in the Wexford Town area. Just wondering before i give Eircom a call, if the problem in on there end or on mine. Thanks in advance for you help...

Edit: sorry guys, i should looked two posts down, Problem with the pings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

problems with everything. on various eircom, bt and digiweb lines around the country....

mine was the same pre-problems speed, now my downlaods is anywhere from 80kbps to 500kbps, uploads anywhere from 100-300kbps, pings to boards in the mid 100's. digiweb 3mb line in kildare....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

problems with everything. on various eircom, bt and digiweb lines around the country....

mine was the same pre-problems speed, now my downlaods is anywhere from 80kbps to 500kbps, uploads anywhere from 100-300kbps, pings to boards in the mid 100's. digiweb 3mb line in kildare....

Call them log the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

My connection is very flakey tonight - download speed is poor, around 60-100kbs when it should be 300kbs.

BT Broadband+ on the Sutton exchange.

Teething problems with the upgrade it seems.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Colly wrote:
    Call them log the issue.

i will be in the next day or 2 when i'm finished college exams and have the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

my BT broadband has been down since monday night, im not really bothered about it as im using the metro mainly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement