Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoiler tags for seasons 1-4 [no spoilers]

• 24-01-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭

First of all, hurray for Sparky-s for getting this forum going! Sound man :D

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if there's really any need for spoiler tags in posts about seasons 1 to 4?
    After all, they've long since aired, and trying to pussyfoot around keeping 'secrets' from the (I'd suggest) very few people who haven't seen them but who for some reason still read a forum dedicated to the show could get old very quickly.

This is a subject that's been threshed to death on the 24 Usenet groups. The general consensus there seems to be that discussion of the latest episode is 'spoilered' during broadcast and for a short time afterwards, and anything goes after that. Certainly, the last week's episode and all that came before it are fair game.
    People who come on moaning that they got 'spoiled' before they had a chance to view their taped episode are treated with the disdain they deserve. :D

We do have an issue here with people (me included) watching the latest season (Day 5) as it's aired in the U.S. and discussions about that should of course be rigorously policed, but once it starts airing on Sky in a few weeks it's officially in the public domain over here.

How much grace should be given after an episode airs on Sky before open discussion can commence?
    Unless it's going to be on one of the free-to-air channels in the very near future, I'd suggest that there's no need for spoiler warnings after it has aired on Sky.
    People who haven't watched the show can't reasonably expect to come into a forum dedicated to 24 and not get 'spoiled' :rolleyes:

It's very simple really: if you haven't seen the latest episode and you don't want it spoiled, don't come on a forum whose very reason for existence is the discussion of the show.

In my opinion :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I'd be happy for it to be all open as soon as the episode has aired on Sky. If you're going to be discussing US season 5 episodes just write spoile in the title and people will (should) know to approach with caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Just do like we do in the Lost forum...

Make sure you write the season number in the title and clarify if there's spoilers in it or not and you should be alright without spoiler tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah a similar approach to the Lost forum would be good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

steveland? wrote:
    Just do like we do in the Lost forum...

Make sure you write the season number in the title and clarify if there's spoilers in it or not and you should be alright without spoiler tags

Exactly, we will have a US: and IRL: and either [spoilers] or *spoilers* in the thread title.

i think 5 minutes after the show has aired should be sufficient enough for the discussion of the currently aired episode.

if we are discussing in general and the topic comes across a spoiler, then use the spoiler tag.

as for the previous seasons, the use of the same rules will apply if creating a thread, however if its in general discussion you dont need to use spoilers.

all will be given in stickies when i have the power (hopefully) :D

Advertisement