Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*wakes up from 6 year long nap* O_O CAO.. LEAVING.. O_O STUDY

• 24-01-2006 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Bleh. .I've wasted enough time. The actual realisation that TOMORROW I have to finish filling in my CAO forms, has hit me. :/ and I still have to do some other work. *kicks stuff around*

I can fill in what I like, then change it later? Riiight? :/ everyone I ask either says yes, or "I think.. I'm not sure" >_< so a difinate yes/no would be nice

I planned to speak to my career adviser but I couldn't walk on friday, and on monday and tuesday I had a flu. o_o Now that I'm just recovering from the flu, my friend reminds me about the CAO. ARGH. >_> I've already filled in the UCAS form for Design and Communications in Magees, but I really dont know WHAT I want to put into the CAO form.. not yet anyway.. think I'll put in Commerce at UCD and games dev, graphic design at lyit... probably electronics at GMIT.. I'm not really looking to go to IT's.. but meh.. >_>; I suppose if I can't change them at a later date I'll just take a year out..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭kirving

Im not 100%, but I think you can change it as much as you want at a later date on the cao website. (up till june)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yes. Just have it on, change of mind is available as much as you like and free

Filling in my CAO freaked me out... =/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Raphael wrote:
    Yes. Just have it on, change of mind is available as much as you like and free

Filling in my CAO freaked me out... =/

*looks at his a4 page with courses he has very little interest in doing*

I'm.. I'm not freaking out.

*Scribbles down Sociology in Trinity*

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Don't worry it can still be changed.

At least you're better off than some fool that was in my class last year. She completely forgot about it until the day it was due in and had to fill it in on the net in school.

Doing it on the net is better. But that maybe because I'm always on the net. ^^;;;;;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

You can't add or take away courses, only rearrange them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shrimp wrote:
    Not true unless they've changed it since last year...

You can change it as often as you like, and it's free.

Confirmed.

Don't worry :) You have months to decide.

Shrimp wrote:
    Completely incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Raphael wrote:
    Completely incorrect
    hmm.. why would my careers counselor say that then?

He's crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 polkadots

My understanding was that you could change your mind up to a certain date using a 'change your mind' form if you'd applied by post or on the CAO website if you'd applied through the internet...There is a fee alright though, i think...

No, the change of mind forms are free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

*phew* that's good because i'm gonna have to add some courses and change some others before i'm completely satisfied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Change of mind costs €10 now. I got my statement and CAO number in the post yesterday and it said this. Also info here also details this fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

LadyLotts wrote:
    Change of mind costs €10 now.
    Nothing is free in this world, well in this country anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Shrimp wrote:
    hmm.. why would my careers counselor say that then?

All guidence councelors should be lined up and shot one by one. They know jack **** about anything, only try to force the few courses that they actually know something about (i.e nursing, teaching.. wow didn't know I could be one of those...) on you and put you off the course your actually interested in!

LadyLotts wrote:
    Change of mind costs €10 now. I got my statement and CAO number in the post yesterday and it said this. Also info here also details this fee.
    That's not the change of mind form. That's only if (from the page you posted)
    # You will need to return an amended statement if :

1. you made an error or omission in Restricted- Application Courses or
    2. you are a mature applicant who made an error or omission in your courses or
    3. you are applying to certain HEIs and presenting certain qualifications (see Page 3 of the CAO Handbook).

A little further down the page you get the same thing as in the CAO handbook
    There is no fee for using the Change of Mind facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Whatever about the change of mind form, I haven't used it, but changing your mind online is definitely free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Out of curiosity - how do you go about changing it, via post or internet, or both? Incase I decide at last minute I want to go to Cork instead of Limerick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

OMG...talk about trying to confuse people with all everyone is saying!!?

Change of mind is totally free and you can change your mind (including taking out and putting in different courses and changing order etc) as many times as you want between May 1st and July 1st 5.15pm! End of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭bingo9999

Ya but just becareful because courses with projects or interviews cant be added after the interview or project has taken place (obviously) and they happen early enough. Just be careful if you tink thats what you'll do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Miss...

Oh yeah and that applys for restricted courses too...cant change or add them...

Advertisement